Oh Oh! What have I done?

I was rearranging my fish last night and this morning to accommodate one with velvet and to just fill some empty spaces.

I had my new male (a donation from a friend :)) in my barracks and I put the combtail (one that I purchase as a female but had turned out to be a male) into the barracks next to him.

When I got up this morning the male/female combtail was looking huge with eggs and had an egg spot showing. I put a few hiding spaces into a tank (one that was holding cycled water), put him in, put her in a chimney. Went out for 2 hours, come back to a nice sized bubble nest in both the tank and the chimney. Removed the chimney and they were wrapping within 5 minutes. This is without them having laid eyes on each other before last night.

They have now been wrapping for close to an hour and she looks not much smaller than when I put her in. I would guess that there are already well over 100 eggs in that bubble nest. Neither of them are bothered by me laying here taking photos and watching (the tank is on the floor!) so I'm getting lots of pics :D

Now I'm scared! What have I done??? LOL I don't have room for that many babies. :blink: This will be a "leave the father in and hope he culls a few" spawn. My other spawn from last weekend (see, I'm crazy!) still has the father in the spawn tank and no troubles at all with them.

So now I have 1 spawn of turquoise/royal crowntail/round tail/vt(?) and 1 that will be red/blue combtail/crowntail!

I'll work it out. Can't be much worse than the lot I have now and seeing as I have lost around half of my fish in the last 3 months that should mean there's plenty of room :)

They're done now, well he is.....she keeps coming back for more :D. This is what the nest looks like....

IMG_5825.jpg

Maybe not as many as I thought.