Perth importers?

deano81

Hi everyone i was speaking to my LFS the other day, who have some really nice fighters for sale and they said that there is a new perth importer that coming online here in perth. Does anyone know any further info on this? Cause if ti was true it would be awesome for all us perth people. Would not have to ship fish to Briz then back to perth. Would save us a lot of cash..

Thanks

Deano

Which lfs is it located at?would like to have a look cause haven't been to a nice fish shop in Perth yet since I'm new to Perth.They are just selling nice fighters plakat or some other show-bettas too??

Edited by Neffy
no need for quote

They are called Aquarium Artists Australia, located on Ranford road in Southern river, Right next to the Coles.Im no real expert but i just know from visiting all the other LFS they are 10 times better with regards to the stock of Bettas they have. Definately worth a look.

the prices are normal for the regular fighters, But the halfmoons and HMPK are about $35 to $65 which i think for Perth is a pretty good price. Staff were also very helpful . Yeah i went down to vebas and had a look and campared to the is place it was no were near as good quality.

Might pick up that HMPK today though:-)

I can't even find any bettas let alone good quality ones. One shop I went to had some and there is no way they could be used to breed anything decent from. If you looked at them from the side the topline from the back of the head to the mouth reminded me of a ski jump but with a little flick up at the end. Their heads were all out of proportion and this shop has started keeping the males in together so of course they are not in great condition either.

I am down to 6 or 7 males (from 18 3 months ago :() and would really like to find some nice quality fish. Might have to just stick with what I have a breed those until I can afford to get a pair through Jodie-Lea. Tax time bonus maybe :D

Jodie has a shipment in two weeks and there should be a good seletion in that lot was talking today on the phonethe guy said he would try and get her to put some clips up

Cheers

Les

Have you tried Aquotix in Canning Vale? They usually have a lot of bettas. Last time I was there they had about 10 HM's, LOTS of VT's and quite a few CT's. Their juvie HM's are $25. Can't remember how much the adults were. Last I heard they were setting up an online store, don't know if that's happened yet or not.

Ok well I wont be travelling that far for a thermomiter if thers nothing els to buy.

have you been to Vebas they guys there are realy great with the info there Bettas wernt the best but everything els was great

Cheers

Les

I went to Vebas on Tuesday and they have lots of bettas in. A couple of dragons, quite a few ct's and lots of vt's. I think with Vebas you have to get in there when they get them in before the quality of the fish goes down hill at what is obviously a rapid rate. Every time I've been in there apart from Tuesday all the bettas have looked half dead.