Brisbane Betta Club *MEETING SAT AUGUST 20, 11AM*

shadoh

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the offer Matt, but I have a nice new yellow dragon girl to use if I want to go down that track. I'm not 100% convinced I'll lose the yellow with a black dragon. The black dragons throw red, so I'll probably get silver/red/white marbled dragons first generation with yellow popping up in the next generation. OR I might just get crazy and put him with a Jewel Box girl and see what crazy combos I'll get :D

Yellow is non red right? which is recessive so you will get yellow in F1. If you bred them with the jewel box spawn wouldn't you loose the yellow all together as they are red loss geno? Thats just my understanding off it, my little tiny bit of understanding *lol* More for my benefit knowing that making sure I understand this properly.

Yellow is non red and recessive, so you are right there :) If spawned to red, you will only get red. Yellow shows up in the second generation as both fish (if from same spawn) will be carrying the recessive non red gene. As the dragons carry a red gene, when combined with the yellow non red, I should only get red showing up in the marble pattern. The second generation will show yellow, as the siblings will both carry non red...

OK, I just confused myself. I hope I made sense :D

Huge fun today fellas (And mystery lady who owes us PICTURES ;))

Muchly welcome for the 'weed' Busman Paul, certainly did feel like christmas by the time I'd left Jarrod's place!

Didnt get any fish from someone's, everything I was drawn to was spoken for but not too dissapointed. I have enough to try and spawn :D

Huge thanks to everyone for showing up and making a great day of it, and someone for the time taken out of her day :)

Very excited about next moves, guys, so much more to learn.

I did find it very easily, thanks for the directions.

I swear it was in much better shape last time I blundered across it. Was a bit of a shock after Fishchicks :dontknow:

Did enjoy playing with their giant gourami though. Didnt buy anything, but good for a browse.

useful info for setting up and running an incorporated club.

friendsofopendocument.com/docs/assoc-guide.pdf (cut and paste into the browser address bar)

will check with QFAS to see if they still have a copy of the club's constitution.

If not, will see if we can borrow one to "plug & play"

Cheers, someone

Edited by Fishchick

This is what I like to see. Enthusiasm. :-)

Lots of paperwork to go through guys. We shall get it up and running as soon as we can. Our main aim was to see if there was anyone interested. Looks like there is a demand so we better get a move on.

Stay tuned for updates.

All welcome. :-)