Hi :)

v-red

Hi all I'm sarah from sydney, I keep a few fish not much, Black ghost knife, Hoplo cat fish, Guppies, Bloodfin tetras, rosy barbs and angel fish. Joined because 1. i want to increase my information base and 2. i got ick in my tank. :) I work in a pet shop and seriously need to up i knoledge on fishes :)

welcome to the forums Sarah! and I am very jealous of your BGK fish! I want one!

take some pics! here at ausaqua we love our pics <3

for ich, depending on what fish you have in the tank (catfish don't take salt too well)

add a bit of salt (no-iodised) and slowly increase the temp to 30C for a few days

Hey Sarah,

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've come to the right place; there's plenty of experienced fish keepers and breeders to help the likes of us out.

Looking forward to hearing more about the trials and tribulations of working at the pet store - I'm sure you'll find all the help you need here.

- Ness

Hi

Thanks everyone :)

Think ive got the ick under control, will treat a few more times to be sure, bumped the temp up and used medicin, all seems to be well,i didn't use the salt as i read that BGK dont tolerate it very well. my angels even laid eggs yesterday! but i'm guessing my bristle nose and other fishes ate them over night :(. I'll deffinatly upload pics soon, i've had my big BGK for about 4 years, he is about 30cm and has survived 4 moves :)

And as to working in the pet shop. i gotta tell you its hard, i'm the newest, only been there a year, and changing peoples ways in that place is impossible, they know even less than me, its mostly guess work. I hate it. we lose so so so many fish in that place and no one will listen to me... getting them to actually care is going to be the hardest part i think.

thanks again for the welcome :)

Welcome to the forum, Sarah (although a bit late)

Unfortunate, but quite a few pet shop are actually not very knowledgeable on their livestocks. Hope you can convince people in your pet shops to actually care :)

Good luck!