Upgrade (Almost) Complete

Pyrefly

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I should really rename this thread to Upgrade (Never Quite) Complete :D

Took a few piccies of the shrimp tank tonight to celebrate -most- of the hair algae vanished from my ever-so-pretty fissidens.

Will be tearing this tank down soon, with most of the contents going into a new 3ft venture (Alot of things just thrown in to keep them wet/let the shrimp clean them off) So - For posterity.

21-03-2012shrimpLHS.jpg

21-03-2012shrimpRHS.jpg

21-03-2012shrimpFTS.jpg

'When good tanks go feral!'

Believe it or not there are fish in here :D

21-03-2012wild1.jpg

Really happy with most of the growth I've gotten Jarrod. Turns out you CAN grow fissidens low-tech, it just takes longer :lol:

The second tank will probably be pulled down soon as well, but I do love the jungle look personally. Do have a soft spot for my curly-val tangle... I comb it with my fingers when I do water changes B-)

I'm undecided on the killies. And the Betta Gladiator are another very tempting option. Will see how I feel when I've got things moved around. I'm even tearing down my 4ft and surrendering Shubbie-Heaven to the Oscar :o :o :o

I have the same approach to algae as I do to weeds in the garden - If its pretty, it gets to stay.

21-03-2012algae.jpg

Edited by Pyrefly

Lol. I love the wild, overgrown look. :-). All my tanks are taking on that look now.

I wish I could grow moss on a peice of wood. Sounds so simple but WHY CAN'T I GROW MOSS..........:-(.

Lol. Feel better now.

Thanks all for the kind words :)

Les - I'm not sure on the exact sp. but I want to say the american variety. I got a handful as a gift from a high-tech tank person a while back, its done surprisingly well with my neglect since then.

Paul - I see a mossy intervention in your future young man.

Where is my comment? It didn't show... dry.gif

Anyway, I'm loving all of your tanks, they are gorgeous!

The moss on the wood looks great, and I think I now have a growing fondness for overgrown/heavily planted tanks. :)