Betta sorority shots

Wild Nut

I thought I’d post up some quick shots I got of my sorority tonight. The tank is a 30cm cube, and it currently houses five females. They are getting moved into my 2ft tank with one of my females from someone sometime in the next two weeks.

I picked up this lot from Boronia aquarium and they’ve settled in really well. There’s been no real nipping or chasing, and they all hang out together in amongst the crypts and riccia. My milfoil has exploded but I like it looking like a jungle so I let it go (plus I’m too lazy for trimming :D ).

Anyways, enjoy the pictures. I forgot to clean the glass so excuse the streaks. I'll try and get some photos of my wild bettas tomorrow.

Sorority1-1.jpg

Sorority2-1.jpg

Sorority3.jpg

Sorority4.jpg

Sorority5.jpg

Oops. Guess I failed the first rule of AusAqua.

Also, this tank is by no means a reflection of my awesome aquascaping skills :lol: it was one of those instances where you realise you have more plants than tank space.

Full.jpg

I planted my Milfoil since I perform a fair few water changes a week, and anything floating gets sucked up by my siphon. I just stripped the leaves off the bottom of the stem and then put some root tabs in the surrounding area. I did notice some of the stems were going soft where they had started growing bent at the surface so I'm going to keep eyes on that. At least it's cheap to replace. Had a rather pricey Anubias rot away within weeks of going into my tank. Luckily I got it to regrow although my Bacopa was not so fortunate.