Hi all

momo

Momo, I am tentatively approving this post but you haven't been given full permissions yet. We would really like to know a little more about you and your fishkeeping experience. We also need a location in your profile not asking for your home address, just suburb/town, state.

Hi Sorry, i have obviously rushed through it.

I'm located in Castle Hill, Sydney, cant seem to update my profile as i dont have access?

A little bit about my fish keeping background.....

Have pretty much been keeping fish as far as i can remember last 20 years or so (still no where near an expert)...

Like alot of us im guessing there have been periods where we have taken a break or two....but i must say, that even during these breaks ive had atleast 2 tanks running.

I've never kept any african cichlids for extended periods, never really did it for me....

Tankbusters have always been what i wanted...but this is where it started....

Started in primary school with a tank my mum brought home 3wx20dx30h, must say it was the most i ever learned about keeping fish. week in week out shopping for replacement fancy goldfish that didnt survive my torture....detergant is NOT the best way to get a spotless tank, methylene blue is NOT water ager after 100% waterchange and filter clean with the hose.

Gave electric blues and yellows a quick whirl...maybe half a year, not my cup of tea...

Moved to a tank full of American cichlids, where i scratched my head as to why everyone couldn't just be friends. Went through guppies, and a few fighters...

1997 - Where all the fun really began, managed to get my first arowana (silver), also datnoids, pleco's, giant gouramy.....

1999 - added an all out discus set-up totalling about 15 tanks, pumping and growing beautiful round fish is what does it for me....but did also bred and growout for a few years. This led to my first break in the hobby, as it became way too much of a job than a hobby. Discus set-up sold off, making life easier with only 4-5 tanks to maintain.

2001 - purchased my first lot of peppermints 10 @ $90ea...2cm fish!!!!!

2002 - present, many many different types of tank busters, aro's, rays, bichirs, datnoids, gars, L numbers etc....

Have recently cut back down alot.... to only 7 running tanks, mainly catfish.....

Not sure where im headed now.....but i can feel the bug coming back, and im itching :)

Oh my the memories in typing this.....

Im sure i've missed alot, the points with a date have obviously meant alot to me as ive remembered them (i've got shocking memory).

lovely sight to look at, Bettas are so beautiful and advanced now, but cant see my self getting crazy into it. Fancy guppies? maybe :)

sorry for the long post, but hey Bettarazzi, you asked for it :).....

Now that is the kind of introduction post that will get you lots of love and RESPECT!!. *lol* Ya seeeee?? Now we know you're not a newbie, plenty of experience, can spell and string a sentence together. :P Everyone is going to bombard you with questions and requests for photos now. I'll start with a request for pics of the L numbers. Love looking, too afraid to buy. *lol* And when you say you feel the bug... is that for a particular species of fish or just the bug to keep lots and lots of tanks?

There are some great looking L numbers for not so big prices now - would love the zebs to come down a lot though!

Welcome to AusAqua, momo....

If you can't see yourself with the fancy Betta's .... have a look at the wild types.... plenty of options though.... but it certainly sounds like its time you started a new addiction :)

Now that is the kind of introduction post that will get you lots of love and RESPECT!!. *lol* Ya seeeee?? Now we know you're not a newbie, plenty of experience, can spell and string a sentence together. :P Everyone is going to bombard you with questions and requests for photos now. I'll start with a request for pics of the L numbers. Love looking, too afraid to buy. *lol* And when you say you feel the bug... is that for a particular species of fish or just the bug to keep lots and lots of tanks?

LOTS OF FISH TANKS :) unsure where to head, but i hope the fever goes away before it happens....

Photo's a plenty, is there a personal gallery or upload function? or is it host elsewhere and link the images? (not vert it savy)

heres a teaser - Life long ultimate dream in fishkeeping since i was 8, Check!

There are some great looking L numbers for not so big prices now - would love the zebs to come down a lot though!

If you can't see yourself with the fancy Betta's .... have a look at the wild types.... plenty of options though.... but it certainly sounds like its time you started a new addiction :)

macrostoma and channoides :)......all other wild types seem abit dull on the eye to me :)...no offense intended, just personal taste.

il see what random stuff i can put up pic wise, but without a "simple" upload gallery i might get lazy :).

thanks all for the welcome.

If you can't see yourself with the fancy Betta's .... have a look at the wild types.... plenty of options though.... but it certainly sounds like its time you started a new addiction

L number prices have come down considerably over the years on certain species, local bred stuff, other stuff has continued to go up.....scary how something can be substantially cheaper 5 years ago....L18, L27's, L14, L25, L114

Also answered my own question's, will need to host photo's...i should stop being so lazy in reading...

Yes, unfortunately with the number of photos that get posted on this forum our hosting costs would sky rocket. But you'll soon get the hang of it. If you like macrostoma and channoides, you'll also like albimarginata. It's a channoides lookalike with only slight differences. What about coccina? You don't like the red body with that green spot?

Yes, unfortunately with the number of photos that get posted on this forum our hosting costs would sky rocket. But you'll soon get the hang of it. If you like macrostoma and channoides, you'll also like albimarginata. It's a channoides lookalike with only slight differences. What about coccina? You don't like the red body with that green spot?

albimarginata- YES, very nice

coccina- NO

hmmm... maybe i should stay off this forum for a while... feel this massive pull in.... and it happening all over again...

Feel free to buy my breeding pair of Channoides, LOL.

Welcome to the forum. :)

thanks for the welcome bud ;)?, wouldnt say im quite ready.... renovating, and will be doing alot of tank shuffling, feel free to pm me the details of the channoides though....

test...

DSCF4052.jpg

rs2-1.jpg

ramrs.jpg

Start a thread in fishy showroom. Some people may miss out on these fantastic photos. As this is in the Introductions, once someone says hello, they might not revisit the thread.

Please continue with the photos, a friend of mine is into "Monster Fish". He has a pool in the back yard with fish in it. One of those with the inflatable ring on top. His garage is rows on rows of tanks.

Hi Momo... I'm based not far from you (Baulkham hills) but I am a complete newbie... welcome. Look forward to seeing lots of photos

Very close indeed, i still consider myself quite a newbie! you will never know it all....all a learning process, but atleast new ppl in the hobby now have the internet!

Start a thread in fishy showroom. Some people may miss out on these fantastic photos. As this is in the Introductions, once someone says hello, they might not revisit the thread.

Please continue with the photos, a friend of mine is into "Monster Fish". He has a pool in the back yard with fish in it. One of those with the inflatable ring on top. His garage is rows on rows of tanks.

Have done and have posted a small sample of what i think your mate might like :)

I was wondering what breed of fish a "tank buster" was (ha, you think YOUR a newbie)

NOW I GET IT!

That ram is beautiful - but what sort of fish is that mega monster? - i luf him.

...my dream fush.... not exactly a tankbuster, but might take your finger off (or arm off if he gits ya)

I'd call him "Pokey"

xNess