Stupid *##=!^# Fish!

BettaObsessed

Came home from work hoping to find a bubble nest and maybe even some eggs. Instead found Will drowned in the tube of the sponge filter. Forgot to stand it up until it was running this time! Stupid Fish!!!

There goes my spawn plans and seeing as the other "female" ct I was going to use has turned out to be a male, I wont be doing any more spawn until I find a female that is actually a female!!!

Not happy at all, he was my favourite CT and a close second behind Aurelius as my over all fav :(

R.I.P. Will

IMG_4356.jpg

That's very sad. I hate when that happens. It was an accident that could have happened to anyone. Although I doubt that gives you much comfort.

I can definitely sympathise. One of the boys in my barracks was found dead just the other day. He was perfectly fine the night before. The only explanation I could come up with is that his fins must have blocked off one of the outlets in his beanie box (he was in the drip system barracks) and maybe several pieces of poop may have clumped together and blocked off the second outlet, causing his container to fill up and he must have drowned. I know how upset you must feel.

Thanks Razzi. With the hassles I'm having finding, I was going to say a decent female but just a female in general at the moment have me wondering if its worth the hassle. Everything I buy lately turns into a disaster. All of the females have turned out to be males. The small light blue hm I bought has chewed off nearly all of his tail and the others in the barracks with him decided that looked like fun so I now have my SD copper male with a half chewed tail and my light blue and blue/pink hm males with pretty much no tail. Then I have lost 2 of my fav males as well as a couple of others in the past couple of weeks. My spawn that I thought would be gone 2-3 months ago are still not full sized, the newer spawn seem to have white spot and are not growing as well as well as they were.

If I don't find a decent female or even a female that stays a female soon I think I will give it all up for a while. Get rid of all but my son's HM's and just put them in a barracks and watch them swim around. Maybe by the time the first spawn gets big enough to put together for a spawn of their own I'll be having some more luck.

Don't get too down Bev, we all go through it at times. I almost gave up fish altogether (again) after I had nothing but disease in my community tank. One thing after another, it did my head in.

Must be frustrating not being able to find females. Can't someone order them in for you?

Hope it turns around for you. :-).

Thanks guys.

@Busman - Its not that nobody has females, its just that pretty much every time I buy a female (and its not just one shop), within a month or 2 they turn out to be short finned males. The last female I bought has turned out to be a long finned male who obviously had a lot of fin damage!

@Matt - The cost of the fish from someone is not the issue, it's the $50 shipping cost from the eastern states to Perth which I just can't afford at the moment. I am going to try to get rid of a few of the males that I don't want which will give me a little cash back and the older "babies" should be ready to go in a couple of weeks or so, so if I can sell most of those that will help out as well. A LFS was going to order some pairs for me a few weeks ago but I haven't heard back from them yet about whether or not they're in.

Out the females I have that are still female, 3 of them have turned out to be giants so I'm not going to be able to use them for breeding and the other 2 are both red combtails. I'm hoping the older spawn will be big enough for a spawn of their own soon. Seeing as I have round tails and deltas, I will pick a pair of each tail type and give them a go. Have never seen round tails in any of the LFS's in Perth so hopefully they will be a good choice. With the variations I have with this lot I might end up with something interesting.

I'm sorry to hear about Will :bighug:

I know how sad it is to lose your fish, especially your favourite.

As for ordering from someone, I've just moved to Perth and was thinking of getting some from her. Maybe we can split the shipping fee? I really want to get a nice CT breeding pair, but don't want to wait around for the shops around here to get them in because who knows when that will be! They barely get decent VT's as it is :giggle:

Let me know if your interested, and sorry again about Will :(