Engaged! and looking to buy fish for wedding deco

girlz0r

David Proposed to me at the waterfalls just two days ago when we were deep in the malaysian jungle...

:D

254428_10150644974245501_567765500_19093

So we're planning for it all to happen May next year... and was thinking of having a HM or CT on each of the tables during the reception... 20 tables I think.. Any ideas on where I can bulk buy a bunch of them? haha or any ideas? Would probs keep a few but not too many, as we're moving into a smallish apartment near the city :) I'm not allowed to have too many Fighters -___-

Nawww congratulations on getting married good luck :)

I would recomend you don't use live fish as decorations though. I may have an article somewhere. The bettas will stress at being bumped and guests may put things in their water. Also you need to makesure they have somebody to go to after the wedding. If your dead set on the idea though you could breed your own. You can do bulk buys from many of the Thai breeders but then you have to add importing fees and shipping. If you bred your own you could breed ones that match the colour theme. Then once the wedding is over you can sell them on here.

I just thought of something else, how will you heat them? A heater would look very ugly and it may be hard to find power points. Since it is may a heater is definatly needed.

:) heat mats, going to buy a huge bunch of them here in msia.. similar to the ones in reptile tanks.

Going to have it at Melb Aquarium... so i'm sure they'd help out haha... Planning to keep them until I sell them or i've a few friends with tanks who were after my next batch of fry..

Taller tanks to stop people from poking and dropping things into the water, or closed tanks with grates at the top?

Congratulations! But moving into a small apartment? Come on. You're both fishkeepers. You're going to need a fishroom... EACH. I don't have a problem with using bettas as decoration. In fact all your friends and family will be disappointed if they didn't feature in some way. I bet all of them will think Melbourne Aquarium is a perfect choice for the wedding of two fishkeepers. There are any number of ways to keep the fish safe for a few hours. Start with not inviting any boguns. LOL I'll breed them for you if you like.

Awwww thats so sweet, Congratulations you two!!

A wedding at melb aquarium will be beautifull !

dont know about sourcing but you could definetly breed your own in that time frame -_^

Congrats! What a perfect place to propose :D

Cost wise (per fish), it would be easier to breed your own (or take up 'Razzi's offer to breed them for you :D) As Neffy said above - time wise it can easily be done.

Congratulations. All good things must come to an end (single life). Lol.

What colored fish are you after? If I can help, would be more than happy to supply some fish if you paid postage.

Congrats :) It's such a fun and exciting thing to plan ... I still have post wedding planning urges... I totally wish I could do it all over again ... :D

On the fishie note - I'd urge you against it. I have read lots about reasons why it's a bad idea - typically I can't find a single link right now but reasons included people thinking it's funny to eat the fish, feed the fish desert, give the fish alcohol... yadda yadda yadda...

Plus then you have the expensive of the bowls, stress on the little guys and problem of rehoming them.

But it's totally up to you :) Oh, also check out this awesome site www.offbeatbride.com - you'll get zillions of ideas for the wedding - for the center pieces - fish or not - and other wedding ideas too.

aw! congratulations!!! :bighug:

I myself don't mind the idea, unless you guys are planning really loud 'doof doof' music (as my teachers always referred to it as XD)

when the bass line gets turned up really high, the vibrations are enough to give me a headache, let alone fish.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Hahah!! Thanks.guys!! Oh fish room each would be so fun LOL. So much fun. Imagine the possibilities. Ahhhhh already dreaming.

And seeing as there's enough money for that, I'll build a vic bettas party room too. Lmaooo. I wish.

'Razzi I would LOVE some help lol. Will contact you soon.o_o if Melb Aquarium allow it....(TY!! Didn't even think of this) And no, no idiodic people who treat fish like.... Welll.. incorrect.

Most of our friends know how much we care for em and have some sort of understanding that you do not poke fingers or forks or... That the 8 ft tank is not safe to swim.in lolol.

His mate was in on the whole thing!! Lol... Only I was the one who didn't figure it out. Thank goodness he EVENTUALLY told me....after telling everyone else hahaha.

Ring box was in his pocket, after proposing we stayed around the waterfalls for a bit, then went down to the local village and celebrated with them, Malaysian new year and there is a LOT of rice wine :9 yummy. More pics later... But on Aussie internet I think.

P.s bridesmaids colour co-ordinate with the bettas heheheh. But probably reds, and oranges...

Oh and late replys/not around much coz internet is like an elephant giving birth thru its trunk or something. Ridiculously slow.

Woohooo! Oh hehe. Purigen here is the same price as home almost!! :(

And all their natural rocks are limestone. The type for iwagumi tanks. T_T you can just pick them off the side of the road. And there as so many cool guppies, killis and pencil fish(!!!!!!) that swim around... In the drains lol. As well as the rivers. Don't get me started on thier plants o_____o" *Sighhh*