orange pink endler

Matt_95

Myles, he is lovely. Do you breed them and do you sell any of the fry? I would love to get my hands on a few :D If you want you can have one of my males when I grow a few up. Soon they will be coming out of my ears.

I found the missing fry today, they hang out under the sponge filter in a little crevice in it. I moved it and found them there. I always thought endlers were dumb fish but these fry are quite inteligent. Maybe its just natural instincts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I had another drop of around 6 a week or so ago. The first lot of fry are growing well, at least one looks to be female. I have only been able to see 2 of the first drop the last few days though :( they now share there tank with cherry shrimp and Paratya australiensis.

I have a betta now that is even more fearsome than Jawsette. It's her cousin, I put my hands in the tank to plant some plants abd suddenly out of nowhere there's a betta bitting me trying twisting around. Scares me every time.

Hi mighty Mat

Do you feed your baby cheery shrimp to your Betta. I am thinking of setting up a tank and having a colony of them ther is a guy hear in Perth selling them for a doller les if you buy more than ten. Have you got any tips on how to get them going maby a thread or somthing

Cheers

Les

I used to have a colony of them in my 4 foot but when I got more bettas they all got eaten. You could easily use them for that, although I have some bettas that don't eat them. They are dead easy to breed, some moss and a spong filter and they will multiply before your eyes. I think the best way to breed them though is in NPT, no filter to suck the babies up and a sponge filter wont de-gas all the co2. That is also good because I have found the less waterchanges I do the more babies survive, they have such a low bio load it isn't really needed anyway unless you keep them with fish.

Edited by Matt_95

Ok thats what I thought you ment by crossing A friend of mine has some but I dont know what types he has I am going to ask him to set me up with some so i will let you know what i get

Cheers

les