Gold HMPK?

loongfu

well uh now that stefan mentioned it i actually find that head bump thing

pretty ugly. heh. could i possibly breed it out after a couple generations

through outcrossing etc? and would it hamper the fishes chance in an

official tournament? if it would seriously cause alot of problems for fry

later on i definitely will not buy it. your thoughts everyone?

by the way, is this fish free from the defect? or is it just me? i suppose i could ask the guy to send me a photo of the actual fish before shipping it, and reject it if it has that defect?

Posted Image

the topline of the body seems to be quite smooth.

Ok, we wont call it a 'defect' any more ;)

But, it will always be a defect to me.

Um, if we cannot call it a defect, can we call it a 'trait' ?

Loongfu, all the gold plakats and the blood silver plakats listed by the same seller as that one have got that head/topline shape that I dislike.

As for this body shape causing problems for the fish itself, a number of the fry from my HMx spawn #1, who had this body shape, ended up with their heads sticking out at an impossible angle with their gills looking strange and their throat more visible beneath their heads. I am minded to cull these.

All I can say is that if you do not like this kind of topline shape as shown in the last 2 photos on this page and in my desciptions, and you are not prepared to raise a spawn containing over 80% of the fry with this topline shape, then I can't see any reason for you to spawn fish with this 'trait'.

If you really only want a nice gold plakat pair to breed but you would rather that they did not show this trait, then you could always wait to see what else comes along :D

But it is up to you to decide. You know what my answer would be anyway :D

Archived