Macro88

Just some fish to show!

Here are some of my home-bred bettas back in Brunei..Do comment on the good and bad as to improve my selection of show-bettas.Thanks guy :D :D

Do checkout my blog..and leave some comment www.bernard-bettas.blogspot.com thanks :D

IMG_0676-1.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

Lavender dragon is the best !!! omg love it!

How do you get that colour ? Salamander x dragon and then breed best offspring back to the dragon parent? how many generations would it tank ?

ohhh so lovely

Edited by Neffy

Nice looking fish ! drool.gif

Thanks bro :D

Lavender dragon is the best !!! omg love it!

How do you get that colour ? Salamander x dragon and then breed best offspring back to the dragon parent? how many generations would it tank ?

ohhh so lovely

Haha thank but to be exact it's known as purple dragon..Somehow it first started as a cross between lavender x dragon and was chosen with a similar looking pattern of purple dragon and then bred back to the parent dragon to infused again the dragon lines as such would take at least 5 generations,this line was created by my Indonesian Uncle,Uncle Hermanus who gave me as a birthday gift to continue breeding the purple dragon lines..If interested i could try to inquire my uncle and asked him to export it here.

Fish #1

Beautiful topline, good strong bodyshape, strong dorsal (a little too tall, and slightly irregular branching)

Nice strong branching at the caudal base, splits evenly into 8 fairly even rays eventually (nice divisions)

Caudal shape is a little bit irregular but generally good, Anal fin is a little irregular in rays, and too long past Caudal (but that's all we see these days)

Lovely long ventrals and seems like he's in amazing health.

I'm not all that well versed on colour, so I don't know what class he would be in - personally I don't like his colour.

Fish #2

Harder to tell in as much detail - the CT seems to have a slightly dippy head, but overall nice body shape, I'm not 100% convinced he has perfect Double Ray Reduction, but rays seem straight in the caudal (not as much in the dorsal, but nice reduction there)

Anal and Ventrals all seem a little bent in the rays - and anal is a touch too long for perfect overall balance, but he's a lovely fish, the orchid Bi-Colour is well represented.

Fish #3

Do we have a better photo? He's nice, seems like he'd have DT background with that big dorsal, irregular topline, plenty of RT finnage, and can't tell if it's cellophane edges or comb/crowntail

Fish #4

LOVELY Dragon Salamander man, with pink lips!

Great Topline and body shape, nice strong dorsal with good rays, lovely caudal with 8 even ray splitting (unlike fish #1 who's splitting happens in stages) Looks like he could be OHM... Anal is waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, nice full ventrals...

It's a shame about the anal, I would breed him in a heartbeat otherwise.

Colour wise his caudal is not as well coloured as the rest of him - this might be the photo, I do like the balance of white edges on all fins including the ventrals.

Lovely animal.

Fish #5

My personal favorite.

Good strong topline, lovely short body type (Traditional)

Dorsal is in good balance with Caudal, lovely long base and good division, Even caudal with 50/50 divisions into 8 rays, lovely overall shape

Anal is again too long, but the better shape of this and #4, however #4 has better even ray distribution.

Full ventrals and lovely strong (big) pectorals, bright eye - healthy animal.

(:

You have quite a lovely group of fish - are these fish still with you in Australia?

....and if so, will you be breeding some for us please?

-Ness

No its fine ! i had a purple dragon imported here but it was very agressive and killed its mate then passed away later :(

Im planing a salamander x dragon spawn sooon hopefully 5 generations seems like awhile but it might be worth it ! Im only going to get coppers to start with tho hehe XD

Edited by Neffy

No its fine ! i had a purple dragon imported here but it was very agressive and killed its mate then passed away later :(

Im planing a salamander x dragon spawn sooon hopefully 5 generations seems like awhile but it might be worth it ! Im only going to get coppers to start with tho hehe XD

Haha i see i see good luck on that I'm sure U can do it!! :D

Fish #1

Beautiful topline, good strong bodyshape, strong dorsal (a little too tall, and slightly irregular branching)

Nice strong branching at the caudal base, splits evenly into 8 fairly even rays eventually (nice divisions)

Caudal shape is a little bit irregular but generally good, Anal fin is a little irregular in rays, and too long past Caudal (but that's all we see these days)

Lovely long ventrals and seems like he's in amazing health.

I'm not all that well versed on colour, so I don't know what class he would be in - personally I don't like his colour.

Fish #2

Harder to tell in as much detail - the CT seems to have a slightly dippy head, but overall nice body shape, I'm not 100% convinced he has perfect Double Ray Reduction, but rays seem straight in the caudal (not as much in the dorsal, but nice reduction there)

Anal and Ventrals all seem a little bent in the rays - and anal is a touch too long for perfect overall balance, but he's a lovely fish, the orchid Bi-Colour is well represented.

Fish #3

Do we have a better photo? He's nice, seems like he'd have DT background with that big dorsal, irregular topline, plenty of RT finnage, and can't tell if it's cellophane edges or comb/crowntail

Fish #4

LOVELY Dragon Salamander man, with pink lips!

Great Topline and body shape, nice strong dorsal with good rays, lovely caudal with 8 even ray splitting (unlike fish #1 who's splitting happens in stages) Looks like he could be OHM... Anal is waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, nice full ventrals...

It's a shame about the anal, I would breed him in a heartbeat otherwise.

Colour wise his caudal is not as well coloured as the rest of him - this might be the photo, I do like the balance of white edges on all fins including the ventrals.

Lovely animal.

Fish #5

My personal favorite.

Good strong topline, lovely short body type (Traditional)

Dorsal is in good balance with Caudal, lovely long base and good division, Even caudal with 50/50 divisions into 8 rays, lovely overall shape

Anal is again too long, but the better shape of this and #4, however #4 has better even ray distribution.

Full ventrals and lovely strong (big) pectorals, bright eye - healthy animal.

(:

You have quite a lovely group of fish - are these fish still with you in Australia?

....and if so, will you be breeding some for us please?

-Ness

Thanks you for the comment..

Fish#1

Yea couldn't agree less with u on the colour,it's abit dull but somehow i just like the finnage on this fish,and when u say anal is abit too long does it refer to the choices that we would prefer symmetrical finnage compare to the normal long anal fins that we usually see nowadays in bettas?

fish#2

yes, jarred it a little late with nips fins and eventually grow out to not be straight anymore but somehow is still a nice fish..thanks :D

fish#3

Yea it actually pop from a skyhawk red halfmoon spawn and somehow marble was in it and hence the outcome of the fish..sorry but what does rt fins means?

fish#4

Thanks for the comment,don't think it will be ohm though..the D-shape fin until now is still quite strong from what my dad say and when u mean anal is too long how short should it be for it to be just alright..any fish pictures to describe??I'm hoping u'r not thinking of symmetrical finnage cause such finnages is hard to obtain.

fish#5

Thanks for the comment and yes agree on ur points.

Sadly all this fish are all in Brunei as i couldn't bring them over but however they are being bred at home now hopefully when i go back for winter holidays there's some nice offspring for me?

Will add some more bettas pics for comments thanks :D

Is your uncle Hermanus Haryanto??!! You yourself have very good betta breeder pedigree in that case. LOL

@ Macro88.. I should have pointed out that I'm still a bit new to Plakats and don't really know as much about their finnage as HM splendens..

I was really basing my judgement on the symmetricals, but I realize these are more traditional / Asymmetrical (so ignore my anal fin comments!)

My references were here

They've all got really lovely body shape, and just look so STRONG!

#4 and #5 are welcome to come to my house any time!

RT means rose tail - some people find it a fault, it's where the branching is so much that the tail sort of over-laps... there are lots of forms of RT

They're all very high quality fish, I would use any of them in a breeding program.

-Ness

Is your uncle Hermanus Haryanto??!! You yourself have very good betta breeder pedigree in that case. LOL

Yes,uncle Hermanus Haryanto is a very close friend with me and my dad and if you noticed he is breeding macrostma and *hint hint* From Brunei Macs so u basically get the idea of it :D

Met up with Uncle Joty and Uncle Walden in the recent competition at Kuala Lumpur Malaysia for the Aquafair,had a good talk with them on show-bettas..

IMG_4588.JPG

And also how could i forget uncle Hermanus,was there to meet up with him and discuss our macs of course :D

IMG_4592.JPG

@ Macro88.. I should have pointed out that I'm still a bit new to Plakats and don't really know as much about their finnage as HM splendens..

I was really basing my judgement on the symmetricals, but I realize these are more traditional / Asymmetrical (so ignore my anal fin comments!)

My references were here

They've all got really lovely body shape, and just look so STRONG!

#4 and #5 are welcome to come to my house any time!

RT means rose tail - some people find it a fault, it's where the branching is so much that the tail sort of over-laps... there are lots of forms of RT

They're all very high quality fish, I would use any of them in a breeding program.

-Ness

Ah yes rosetail could have known..was thinking of retweet haha too much twitter :embarrass: ..Yes I would love to produce symmetrical hmpk but somehow it is quite difficult to achieved but not impossible just need some good stocks and u'r on the way whereas halfmoon standard always preferred to be as close to symmetrical as possible !!Yes my red halfmoon marble i do noticed that were some rosy genes in my red lines.

Some of them are thrown to breeding back in Brunei whereas some were sold off to people, hopefully there are some nice offsprings for me :D

Hey Macro,

Do you know of any betta events in Thailand (around Bangkok) in July?

I'm going over there from around the 5-15th and really want to find some great fish when Im there!

-Ness

Hi Macro88

I saw your Blog site good pics and great fish

Cheers

les

Hey Macro,

Do you know of any betta events in Thailand (around Bangkok) in July?

I'm going over there from around the 5-15th and really want to find some great fish when Im there!

-Ness

I have got no idea whether there are any competition during that time but if u really wanting to go see competition this week aquarama is being held in singapore and u can get some nice show bettas from singapore breeders..that is if u want to travel to singapore first of all :D

Hi Macro88

I saw your Blog site good pics and great fish

Cheers

les

Thanks man..u keeping any show bettas in perth now?? :D

Hi Macro88 or can I call you Eric?

Yes I have a pair of Red Platnum Dragons the male is BT OH PK and the female is OH PK they have a spawn at the moment that are six weeks old on monday, :D

I also have a pair of Black Platnum Dragon HM PK that have not spawnd yet, :(

Do you have any that you keep hear in Perth and if so what types do you have?

My daughters boy friend is from Monado on Sulawayse so I was asking him about Plakats over there in Indonesia but he didnt know to much but offerd to interpret for me if I got stuck on any sites.

Nice chatting

Cheers

Les

Hi Macro88 or can I call you Eric?

Yes I have a pair of Red Platnum Dragons the male is BT OH PK and the female is OH PK they have a spawn at the moment that are six weeks old on monday, :D

I also have a pair of Black Platnum Dragon HM PK that have not spawnd yet, :(

Do you have any that you keep hear in Perth and if so what types do you have?

My daughters boy friend is from Monado on Sulawayse so I was asking him about Plakats over there in Indonesia but he didnt know to much but offerd to interpret for me if I got stuck on any sites.

Nice chatting

Cheers

Les

Hi les,actually my name is bernard,eric is my friend also in betta hobby haha but no worries..sadly my bettas are not keep in perth but kept in brunei..if u'r interested i could try to get some pics and show u and if interested and the price is right maybe ask someone to arrange with the shipping..Actually Indonesia is the home of crowntails as they produced magnificent crowntails..cheers mate..

Ohhh Macro....can't comment on fish, too busy wiping drool off of the keyboard :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ahhh thanks bro..u'r too kind haha :D :embarrass:

Sorry Bernard and yes I would like to see some photos Im not in to CTs I like the HMPKs and espesialy Dragons

Cheers

Les

Sorry Bernard and yes I would like to see some photos Im not in to CTs I like the HMPKs and espesialy Dragons

Cheers

Les

Sadly not able to import it in here yet..but don't worry will post some pics up just to see..cheers :D

Wow, spectacular mate!

had me drooling for second there! ;)

Amazing Fish

nice form and finnage.

I have a girl that would go great with the male hmpk in the 4th photo,Would you sell him or is he a KEEPER ?

Bernard, I actually bought some

Bettas from you in Brunei a while back :) great to see ! :)

Edited by zacy boy

Bernard, I actually bought some

Bettas from you in Brunei a while back :) great to see ! :)

Hi I couldn't rmb who u r back in Brunei?well would be great to meet up again in Perth for some bettas talks..Have u been keeping any bettas here? I currently have 4 bettas in Perth just for collection..As u know hobby can't stop where ever u go..