Drip System Refurbishment

Bettarazzi

That will teach me to read the packaging more carefully. The polyfibre matting that I bought at Spotlight is filled with antibacterial and antifungal  and all manner of chemicals. I'm not going to be able to use it for mechanical filtration. And typically I only read the packaging after I've cut off a huge chunk so I can't even return it. 

No. I bought most of my reptile cords at LFS that sell snakes and frogs. I've seen them on eBay sometimes so do a search. I think mine might be made in Australia but I don't have the packaging anymore. They have an Australian plug.

This is similar to what I have. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REPTILE-HEAT-HEATING-CORD-CABLE-3M-15W-/330505512710?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item4cf3a9e706#ht_2278wt_689. Just remember you need to buy the thermostat separately. What I've done with that shelf of tanks is I've got 4 heating cords plugged into a powerboard. I needed a universal travel adaptor to adapt the 3-prong Australian plug into 2-prong Asian. Remove the heater supplied with the thermostat. Then plug the powerboard into the thermostat. Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs. Trying to save you the frustration I had with the adaptors. Before I found the universal adaptors in eBay I actually sawed off the earth prong from an adaptor because I couldn't find a 3-socket going to 2-prong.