Hello All

little_troppo

Yes, I thought that's what you meant. I probably should have been more clear. I was suggesting that you move the eggs but leave the parents where they are. I don't think it's a good idea to try to move the eggs as well as the parents. I'm not sure what would happen. I've had angels behave very badly when they're separated from their eggs. Although I'm not going to call myself an expert on angels.

If you don't care that much about raising this particular batch of fry. Then I'd say just give it a go. If they eat the eggs it doesn't matter. At least they're in a proper spawning tank and they'll breed again soon enough. You might be lucky. Presumably you're going to move the eggs and then move the parents pretty much immediately. Maybe they won't get too upset and just continue as they were.

Is it an option to move the other fish into the spare tank and leave the spawning pair and their eggs where they are? The netting of the other fish might upset the parents a little bit. But I reckon it wouldn't upset them as much as removing the eggs, then netting the parents and putting them in a tank they're not familiar with.