Hello All

little_troppo

Hello everyone,

My name is Harry and I live in Cairns and I love my fish. I currently have 7 fishtanks in my bedroom and I want another one.

I have bred fighting fish in the past (currently trying to locate a good looking pair of betta's preferably Halfmoon) and will breed again, last time I bred them I gave away to my mums students (if they had a note from parents) but unfortenly I didn't have enough fighting fish to go around.I am also after a breeding pair of angelfish.

The type of fish I currently have at the moment (sorry to any fish I miss): Angelfish, Goldfish, Convict Cichlids, Zebra Danios, Betta's (male & female), Neon Tetra, Silver Shark aka Bala Shark and my mum has 3 guppies.

You guys may have me beat with the amount of tanks in your bedroom (my wife won't allow any in our room) but I have tanks in almost every room of the house including two in the kitchen.

Welcome Harry, great to have a new member. Don't be shy and pics are a must.

How do you fit that many tanks in your bedroom??? I couldn't have them in my bedroom, the noise would keep me awake at night and there are still nights now where I have to get up and shut the door so I can't hear filters running! I currently have 8 tanks running plus the 12 or so jars sitting in a baine marie system. All but 2 hold bettas.

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing photos. :D

Edited by BettaObsessed

Welcome to the forum :D I'm also interested in breeding angels at some stage (got too many breeding plans for bettas at the moment...) Any particular type of angel you after? I like the koi types myself...

My mum loves platinum angelfish, So probley them. I already found a pair but I am going to need to convince my mum and I will end up breeding them.

Any tips for faster breeding? because when I have bred in the past it took a few months till they were big enough to let them go to my mum students. I heard I that every 2nd day (after two weeks) it is good to remove the hormones (just heard this yesterday) is it true.

I have some red dragon HM's coming up in the next couple of weeks. I think I can ship to Cairns.

Not quite ready to go yet, but if you look at this thread it'll give you an idea of what's coming.

(oops forgot the link http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11107&st=105)

Edited by kermadum

Harry - click on this link

I have a Red Dragon Halfmoon breeding pair for sale - they're both a real dark red tail with slight black trimming, and thick white full scales on him.

Matching female with very tidy form.... they're both on live foods being conditioned for breeding.

I paid double this for them, and have since realized I have my hands full with 8 other breeding pairs - happy to negotiate on price a little.

or email me if you're interested: melbourne.betta@gmail.com

I'm taking them on Saturday to the Aquarium Society of Victoria Auction of they don't sell by then.. so there's your timeline.

(: Cheers,

(also Kermadum's fish are lovely!)

Ness

Edited by melbournebetta

Oh yeah, that pair that Ness has are nice. I was thinking about buying those myself until when discussing it with my partner, the obvious got pointed out... that I have a whole spawn of dragons of my own and don't need to buy more.