Chuckie

Proposed next SBG - save the date

Aww I wish I could go!

I remember I went to the first ever one and got a certificate! Was heaps of fun!

Stupid living in WA *shakes fist*

Hi guys

Our proposed host for the meeting we had been hoping to hold at the end of July is now unable to offer his premises :(

The Sydney Splendens Society is due for an AGM in October, which we're obliged by law to have, so I am inclined to leave arranging an actual Sydney Splendens Society meeting until then.

BUT if anyone wants to arrange an informal betta gathering in the meantime, please feel absolutely free to do so without the committee's involvement!! :) We don't own the franchise on Sydney betta hobbyists meeting one another! We'll be there if we can make it, but you don't need us there to proceed.

If you want to arrange an informal gathering, some suggested activities are a fish room visit, table show, maybe a presentation on 'how to breed bettas', etc.

B-)

This is on next sunday, right? I have a LOT of stuff to get rid of so I'll offer it to you guys first before it goes on ebay, lol.

Anybody want some tanks??

I've got a 15lt, 10lt (with 1 partition siliconed in but no actual dividers) another 8-10lt tank and a 2ft tank? Whether or not they have lids is unknown.

My old 90lt community tank, Aqua One Euro View which is an older model so has a different stand, want to sell the light with it. No lids.

I'd also got this very oddly shaped 90lt (or so) tank with removable dividers (could be easily cut out!)

Divided-disaster2.jpgdivider.png

You can PM me if you're interested and I'll see if I've got lids,if anything leaks, whether the glass is scratched and get back to you with a price.

Aside from that I've got a heap of betta foods to give away, sponge filters, guppy traps, I'd like to sell some of my small bits of driftwood cheap.

Dunno, Simon!

The society needs to hold its AGM, and it's due this month (last one was 16th October 2010). Currently the meeting date hasn't been posted here or on the Sydney Splendens Website. I'm guessing we'll find out date/time/location soon? Hope so!

Paul

An email was sent out saying the 9th of October.. I am pretty sure...

Just checked, yeah. 12.00pm 9 October 2011 :P Check your spam folders people.

Edited by Yan

Simon if you pm someone who's going they can give you the address. We generally don't put private addresses in public threads.

The smaller tanks I have avaliable;

35cm x 20cm x 23cm(H), 16LT

36.5 x 19cm x 20cm, 13LT

30cm x 18cm x 20cm, 10LT

60cm x 36 x 32, 70LT

I have 25w heaters to match. I won't be bringing any if no one asks so let me know if you're interested.

As per other announcements, there is an AGM for the Society on Sunday from 12 noon. Members will have received an email about it about 1 month ago. Non-members should know about it from other announcements made here. Please rsvp if you want to attend.

Thanks.

I have been overseas for 4 weeks, so have not been as omnipotent as you may be accustomed to!

Welcome back Lisa.

I'm hoping to be able to attend, but will get back to you as a few loose ends may need tidying up on my part if I'm to be able to come.

Paul

Ill be there and might even bring my two boys as show and tell who I bred last year, they are the only ones I kept when i passed all my gear and fish to Sarah last year.

Cool. Looks like I'll be able to come! I'll even try bring some fish to show/donate for raffle??? Are we having a raffle???

Oh and I may be able to offer a lift if near merrylands/parra area or en route to Lisa's... Two seater so only one spot.

We're planning a raffle, but also feel free to bring anything you'd like to sell/swap.

Don't forget the BBQ, as well!

I'm kinda excited that Sydney folk are having a meet after quite a while. Now please...

TAKE YOUR BLOODY CAMERAS AND USE THEM!!! *lol*

Eep. I'll go pack my camera in my bag right this moment, everybody bring some pretty fish for me to take photos of!

I was thinking I might bring an Imbellis along for kicks/comparison of type? :P I don't own any splendens anymore, might be interesting to see him sitting beside a Halfmoon or a Plakat.

Camera packed battery charged. Fish packed. Yeeeeeh, my first fish meet.

I'm on my way!!!

Had a great time, was great to meet everyone - a special thankyou to Lisa for hosting this in her lovely home.

Scored some goodies at the raffle - especially two pairs & a single male of Paul's gorgeous fish. They are all settling in.

And YES, we took pics!

I'll put mine on now, I think Yan got some good shots of the fish. :)

I had a great time. Thanks everyone, especially Lisa for being such a good host!

Sarah, hope the fish settle in for you quickly and you get that spawn tank cranking!

Thanks guys, I had a nice time! So please only post flattering shots of me ( not the ones where I'm scoffing barbecued meat, lol!)

Was nice to see that there's still interest in bettas among the Sydney crowd :)

Thanks to Sarah for the yummy dip, and to Paul for BBQ skewers and snacks and a lovely plakat. He's going to lord it up in my 4' tank like mr fancy-pants ;)