Are these fish Platys?

Jennifer615

I have a pond full of these fish. They keep breeding. For a while I thought they were baby goldfish, as we have about 5 goldfish about 4 inches long, but they look different to the goldfish. About a year ago I bought 3 of these fish from a school fete thinking they were baby goldfish. Since then they seem to have multiplied. Are they platys? They all look the same, orange with black spots. I would appreciate your advice. Thanks

fish3.jpg

Edited by Jennifer615

Is there any other way I can add a photo? The photo is on my facebook album, that is probably why it is going to your facebook accounts. How else can I upload this photo?

Also, I'm confused because I thought platys were tropical fish, and they seem perfectly happy in our pond and in a small fishtake in the house. I do live in Cairns, so probably the temperature heats that water up.

OK, I'll try again to add a photo. Do you think these fish are platys? I have a pond full of them and they keep breeding. They are also doing OK in my son's small tank, and I donated about 8 to my son's daycare fish tank, and they are thriving. I thought platys were tropical fish.

fish3.jpg