My New tank stands!

Rhysmachine101

Hey everyone! I have just finished my new tank stands!

I built them because my tanks were all over my room and taking up so much space! This way I have consolidated them onto one wall only.

They took me two weeks to build and move into my room- most of this time was painting, you know, waiting for a coat to dry- then lightly sand and re-coat; that bit wasn't fun at all.

So they are both made of 19mm DAR pine, which is fairly cheap- plus it looks so much better than MDF and ply- although ply comes close! Dont get me wrong, I like ply!

They are pretty much what you see- wood cubes, sectioned off so there is enough room for all my tanks and some more to come! :lol:

I made them as separate cubes so if I ever get bored of how they are set up then I can change them around.

I needed to dowel together 290mm and 170mm width planks to get the width I was after- and this was the tricky bit- no matter how much I measured they hardly ever lined up properly.

Anyway I basically glued and screwed the things together- I think they came up alright! They are coated in gloss Polyurethane to protect them from moisture and to make them look finished. :D

Then I decided that I really needed an aquarium hood to complete the deal and I just brought it inside an put it on today- its a rush job- it only really looks pretty on the outside- but then thats all I want really.

anyway here they are, let me know what you think!

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

Hope you like my T-Rex slippers! :D

DSCF0577.jpg

Yep- Got a bit of an algae problem in my tank with my two guys in it.

DSCF0578.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

Edited by Rhys