Help - think my latest guppy purchase may have worms :(

Shannonbjs

Ok I'm a tad worried - got a few female guppies about 3 weeks ago from a bit of a dodge LPS - now one has this strange white thing coming from it bum :(

Is this worms and if so how the heck do I treat - I gave never had a fishy with worms before :(

8f030147.jpg

e6c0a890.jpg

59db5449.jpg

33ca17ac.jpg

??????? Help :(

Find an LFS that stocks Aqua Worm by Aquarium Science. http://www.petshop-online.com.au/prod1082.htm It contains praziquantel I think. Other people have used Avitrol, a bird wormer. If you do a search on Avitrol you should find some threads that talk about it.

Well that was my original thought but honestly there is no 'poo' colour about it and it looks kinda flat and ribbony if that makes sense - plus it's pure white/clear and it's REALLY long :( and it's been there 2 days now :(

My first thought was constipation too. Do you fast the tank for a day once a week and then feed crushed cooked peas? Fasting is good for them, guppies LOVE crushed peas (my guys will literally fight over them and our Betta boy will steal them from the cories!! :lol: ). Crushed peas will give'em a good clean out... the laxative of the fish world :lol:

I feed peas on a regular basis (once a week) for my fish, both for my bristlenoses and for my endlers. They seem to love it too! It helps with the digestive system a lot! I usually de-shell them and put them straight into the tank....

• 2 weeks later...