Updates :)

Abby

First i am so very sorry for the crap pictures some are good some i hate, but some of these fish are camera shy -happy face-

ok the count has gone from 5 fish to 15 quite rapidly, i lost poor little Tamina a week after bringing her home and she was replaced with a little CT male called Louie, then valentines day saw the arrival of Sponge Bob Fish pants, then all the fish kermadum sent me -happy face-

all16.png

Males: Dastan, Nero, Melvin, Benny, Louie, Spongebob, Agent 004: Fredrick & Agent 11: Cederic.

Females: Agent 88: Scarlett, Cinder, Bronxie, Rayne, Lexi, Caela and Ailie.

Dastan: is currently in qt for a fungus, doing great even started a nest today

Nero: is looking a little urgh, hes always had the urgh look but it seems to be worsening somewhat.

Melvin: his dorsal is growing back beautifully

Benny: finished eating his fins I HOPE!

Louie: is very showy his tail varies from completely see through to an aqua shimmer -happy face-

Sponge Bob: had the BIGGEST nest today and when I did a water top up and feeding it was all gone -sad face- i did get a photo though -happy face-

004: Seems to have bitten at is tail a little but was flaring up a bit today which was pleasing.

Agent 11: thinks Rayne is his soul mate lol unfortunately i think im going to pair her to Spongebob lol

Agent 88: is second on the pecking order in the planted tank, she wont go near cinder but annoys bronxie a little, got her self stuck behind the filter before i put the clips on it lol.

Bronxie is very happy shes always the first female to greet me -happy face-

Cinder: is top of the order if any female dares venture near her filter corner she leaps at them, but she LOVES to play in the filter flow, she swims up and lays on the magnet and flies off into the filter current lol

Rayne: Started as white and now is yellow, shes top of the pecking order of the other four females

Caela: seems to be Ailies best friend they are always together -happy face-

Ailie: likes to hide behind caela when Raynes on the warpath

Lexi: is recovering from her attack off i think rayne, fins are showing great regrowth, she looks happier and i think shes got a little crush on 004 lol, if she is fully recovered and happy she will be spawned to 004 otherwise it will be cinder -happy face-

I wont be spawning for a few months yet, im just setting up a third tank, i currently have a one 18.2 litre planted tank with Agent 88 Cinder and Bronxie in in a few weeks after the new tank is cycled the other ladies will have a tank the same size and the boys are in a 56.3 litre 8 bay tank -happy face-

Short crap video of the planted tank and the 8 bay

I tried to post earlier Abby, but message got lost in an all thumbs accident ith iPhone. On a computer now, so should stuff up too much! I hope!

Anyway, I thought you have established a really nice selection of bettas there. I think I was able to almost figure out your "Melrose Place" type romance-a-thon between the various players, but then I realised, I can't possibly comprehend all of that LOL!

Good luck with them all.

PS:completely unrelated... but I laughed a little when I read the title of this post. You see, I had previously used the term "update" ... as in the phrase "I need to give you a quick update" to a work collegue, and was quickly responded to with the reply... "sounds painful". Anyway... I don't use that term anymore!

The array of colours looks fantastic arranged like that. Ahh... you've brought to the surface one of my happiest betta memories. My very first spawn produced a multi-coloured array (not as many as you've got there) but I remember my amazement and happiness when I looked at them and thought they looked like jewels. This is why I love bettas. And what you've got there doesn't even come close to all the colour combinations possible. Thank you for posting that. I think I'm going to have happy betta dreams tonight. :D

lol thanks everyone i love my little crew of fish. I will be spawning in the next few months (i will most defiantly be keeping the spawns as small as possible for first spawns :) )

Im looking at pairing Rayne to Spongebob and 004 to either Cinder or Lexi if shes recovered FULLY and happy

Although Raynes not a vt and im aware ill get mainly vt spawn but my lfs sells mainly blue vt so if i can get a different colour (like i should with yellow parents) lfs will buy all and any fry :)

Two things have pleased me this week

(Through no fault to Adam) Lexi arrived a little rough around the edges from another females "advances"

this was taken 17th feb

lexi4.jpg

and this was taken today 2nd march

IMG_4826.jpg

Shes coming along GREAT im so happy and shes bout 2nd in the pecking order

ad twice this week spongebob has left beautiful big nests heres todays:

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

LOL at Jo and Sarah; that is not many pics LOL im doing daily photoshoots.

unfortuantly i came home from the farm after findig my 3 yr old colt with an absess, to find Benny had jumped the divider to fight with Agent 11 whos now sporting tattered fins so he will be babied till hes better :)

they're so shiny!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

you can thanks Kendrum (gah i cant remember how to spell his username) for the copper spawnlings LOL

and i like to photograph anything different with the fishus, pitty they zoom around so fast :(

-chuckles- yes sarah thank you very much for correcting my horrible memory. Oh sarah im ABOUT to post new pictures of a tank i just started cycling (and planted) and MY NEW FISH! it will be another thread in the fish showroom