Tenedor

Sarah

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't really getting in trouble, he said " what are you doing" and I said "looking at my friends axololtl" then he took my iPod and said it was cute :) I wish we could get the glow in the dark ones here or salamanders.

I play trumpet. I took those pictures of the girls for you :)

Nice teacher.. didn't even get in trouble when you were on the internet in class! Must be that loving smile of Tenedor.. melts everyone's heart. ♥

I want one of the GFP ones (the glowing one).. not sure if you can get them here though. Apparently somebody on the Salamander forum was going to breed them as they breed true. Or it might have just been me saying they should. Either way. :P

Trumpets pretty interesting. I play the piano. :)

Going to look for those photos now.

I don't think you can get them here, we arn't aloud any genetically modified animals here and axies arn't legal imports either (I think).

I going to learn piano or guitar when I get my braces.

I haven't uploaded them yet. I'm supposed to be doing an asingment haha.

I just noticed you have plastic plants. Would you like me to send you some real ones. I think you can pit them and put heavy stones around the top of the pot so they don't get knocked out. And I can send you some frogbit for spawning.

I can't edit properly so pit means pot lol

Edited by Matt_95

I think this person said you can import them, but I have no idea really. I don't think you are allowed to import non-native animals... but that might just be mammals. :notsure:

I have braces! Ice-cream makes them feel better. ;)

Thanks for the offer.. axies don't really like lights, so I think I'll just keep plastic. I should post photos of the 400L axie tank eh?

The tank Tenedor is in has plastic plants I just threw in because they were lying around. :P Thank you though. :D

Mmmmm..... I'm not sure, I think I read somewhere that they could go feral and damage native populations of frogs and fish. Not sure though. I think there is a feral population somewhere in Melbourne.

You should setup a planted betta tank then. I love planted tanks and I love planted betta tanks even more. I can't wait to set up another soon.........

A feral population of axolotls?

I don't think you can import non-native animals.. Bettas you can get through...

Well axies are salamanders, amphibians - in the same class as frogs & toads, so probably a no-no. :(

When I got those fish from Becki, she gave me a few live plants - Java Moss, Java Fern.. and something that could be hairgrass, but I haven't really looked into that. I really should - better wait to see how I can keep these alive for now.

I'm proud to say they have grown a little bigger. Haha.. I'm a real live-plant newbie, going yay for more Java Moss. :P

Well, either way we can still get the 'natural' axies, and I sure know I love them!!!

Maybe in the future. We have a 4ft tank in the lounge room, it has been going for 17 years, but the fish keep dying. Dad said when the ones in there die, I can have the tank! :cheer: I wanted to make it a planted tank/grow-out. :)

At the moment there is only 2 zebra danios, 3 flying foxes, and two or three CAE suckers....

Oh, yeah.. about the 400L tank.. it isn't much to see, just a few plastic plants, river rocks... and a tree stump. Oh, don't forget the PVC pipe! *lol*

I'll take photos of it 'later'... :P

Where are those photos of your girls??? Didn't you say you'll have them up by Thursday.. today? I got all excited last night, only to find you had them, but they weren't up. <_<

That's so mean :'( my computer crashed and I had to re-do all my asingments. I'll do it tonight.

Bahahaha my teacher just came up behind me and asked me who I was texting so intensly haha and she was like is it a girl and I was like yea and she was like ahaaaaa, now I get it. I loled so hard.

How annoying! Makes you think how much you will lose if the computer goes. Hope you can recover it soon.

*lol* BWHAHAHA... gotta laugh at that.

For some reason I have a picture of your teacher sneaking up behind you to look at what your doing. Random silly thought sorry..

Don't worry about it.

If people don't like you for who you are (fish lover).. then they aren't really your friends. It is tough sounding, but true.

We won't give the fish away, anyway they have been in a diseased tank, they could carry something. Fine for now anyways. :)

Oh right, the "popular" people.. well, who cares what they think anyway? They never seem nice, usually trying to put all their .. what is a nice word for it .. 'sorrow' by being mean & putting other people down so they feel better. <_<

I say just ignore them, as easy as it sounds now, it is hard... but the best thing to do.

We recently had columnaris. Yes, it would be in the filter. It appears to be gone, but we thought that the first time. Once these fish have died due to natural causes (and hopefully not disease) I will tear down the tank and disinfect everything, then start again with the cycling, etc.

A random thought popped into my head just now but how friendly are they, if you put your hand in the water will it run away or do they climb and play on ur fingers :P Its always really cute when my bettas do that swim and sit in my hands (in the water)

I hate diseases, I lost a couple of guppies to dropsy and I had almost fixed one with a truck load of Epsom salts it's scales wernt even pinappled anymore but this morning it's side burst open. Put some clove oil in and hopefully it will be gone when I get home. I didn't have time to do it slowly but I wanted her out if pain.

It's really easy to cycle a NPT, I'm doing a tutorial soon and I'll put it up here to.

With Tenedor, if I put my fingers in, she will bite me. :devil: Thinking I'm food of coarse. Latches on and shakes her head. Cute little thing - so harmless. Like a baby with no teeth numbing on your finger, but without all the slobber. :D

Banana will usually run, or sometimes comes and looks in my hands for food. A few times he has decided my hands are a good mattress. :lol:

Aristotle Axolotl just sits there. The food comes to him, so he sees no need to move. If I don't have food, he couldn't care less about me. :(

My female Bettas like to swim inside and around my fingers. Sometimes I stick my fingers in to watch them dance in & out of them. :love:

I think everyone hates disease Matt. Such a pain. Not fun at all. :devil:

Sorry about your guppies, was it those pretty Spanish Dancers?

Reminds me, one of the guppies in this 4ft had dropsy.. I went to fish it out, but it swam away. Never found it, I guess the sucker ate it. :blink:

What's NPT? New ... something ... tank?

Cool, you can put up the tutorial when you put up those girly pictures. ;)

That's them, between the dropsy and the male bettas I think I have 9 out of my original 20-ish. The girls are preggers now though.

Natural planted tank, basically it's got soil under gravel and the plants filter the water so to cycle it you just wait for plants to establish. I'll pm you the link to mine on another forum when I get home but I will make another on the weekend so I can make it with pictures.

Aww.. what a shame, they are so pretty! Hopefully you'll get some nice fry out of the girls though.

Ahhhh... Natural Planted Tank - thanks. :)

Cool, is the link the same pictures as THIS TOPIC? Just noticed in that topic.. is that pepper on top of the tank in the first picture? :blink:

Hmmm.. Neffy, I think they are all active in their own ways. Banana is the one that swims a lot, Tenedor sits there and bites whenever you go near.. Aristotle Axolotl doesn't move much as he currently has a broken leg (he'll grow a new one though). :(

They all have their own personalities, just like Bettas do. So tough to say. :dontknow: :)

Hehe.. I just had this thought - I should get mini-sombreros for my axies! That would be adorable. :love:

Of coarse I wouldn't really do this.. they wouldn't like it. at all.

My German Shepherd used to have a sombrero he liked to wear..... before he had to be put down. :byebye:

My Cavoodle likes wearing clothes, she really does! When we take her for walks I put her in a little pink dress, with ribbons on her ears. She has a few outfits - even pajamas! *lol* Not cruel, she seriously likes it. :cheer:

Hahaha!!!

sombrero.jpg

Looks cheesy I know.. couldn't resist!