Tenedor

Sarah

OK.. not fish, I know.. but I thought you'll like to see pictures. I don't recall I have put any up yet.

This is Tenedor [tay-nay-dor], which means fork in Spanish. I named her this as one of her gills is forked shaped. It had probably been nipped in the past and grown back deformed.

She is Albino, and has red eyes. Really cool. B)

Piccies -

Albino_Axolotl.jpg

See how her middle left gill is forked? It is more obvious in real life.

Albino_axie.jpg

Can see her red eyes -

quarantineletter005.jpg

quarantineletter006.jpg

She was really scared in the LFS, had been attacked by the other axies, her gills on one side have been nibbled down, and she is missing a few fingers. Luckily for her, axolotls can re-grow lost limbs.

As for another thing the LFS did, they had them in gravel. She past out FORTY pieces of small gravel. I could NOT believe it. Poor girl. She seems a lot happier now there isn't any more in her system.

banana-albums-albino-axolotl-picture1482

As for her personality, Tenedor is really feisty! I would not have thought that when I saw her in the LFS.

Sometimes she misses the food I drop her, so I have to nudge her to the side to get it. She has literally attacked me multiple times (edit: and when she goes for something, she latches on, shakes her head crazily - not letting go.. doesn't hurt though, it feels similar to a baby with no teeth *lol* ). I had to card her from my female Bettas, as she was also trying to eat them through the glass. *lol*

Oh, and one time one of my male Bettas was flaring at her, and she came up & waved at him. Dawww.. gotta love her. ♥

Edited by Sarah

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the newt & salamander forum to host the pictures, was testing if it was easier than Photobucket. I can see it fine, but maybe the iPhone can't. Sorry about that. <_<

More -

My lovely girl getting a closer look at the female Bettas -

quarantineletter026.jpg

quarantineletter027.jpg

And it is kinda weird, you can see her bones in the tip of her tail -

quarantineletter023.jpg

quarantineletter022.jpg

Although it is more pronounced in real life. :)

Edited by Sarah

They would get pretty hot though up there.. but they are just so cool. All sexes of them can go together, so you wouldn't have to jar males, etc. That's the problem of spare tanks, you just can't decide what to put in it with all the possibilities!

Wait. Just read the last sentence.. is 'Razzi right?

The intake fell of the filter and he swam up. I felt really really bad. That tank willno longer be used now though because this is the second time it has done that.

I have decided what will be in the next tank though, I fell in love with a pair of bettas at fishchicks black crowntails with bronze? rays.

Are you going to breed her with Bannana? The little babies would be soooooo cute. I love baby animals :)

Don't blame yourself, how could you know? Sure, it had happened before, but things happen. Yeah, get a new filter though.

Lovely sounding pair..

When they are a little older, and Tenedor has healed from her little nips, they will live together in the 400L axolotl tank. I hoping they will breed, and they should in their own time. ♥

At feeding time last night, when Tenedor is at her happiest, she and I had a lovely photo-shoot (well the photos were only of Tenedor, but I was the camera-person).

Please excuse the filth flying everywhere, she gets excited and dances about with her huge tail stirring up the water. The water is clean, I promise!

Anyway, some shots -

quarantineletter031.jpg

You can clearly see her delightful 'fork'.

quarantineletter034.jpg

Her lovely feathery gills -

quarantineletter041.jpg

How long she is!

quarantineletter038.jpg

Peek-a-boo!

quarantineletter048.jpg

That is my five photo limit, I have plenty more! ♥

Really, the tank is NOT dirty! I did a W.C. that day - axolotls are like goldfish. MESSY MESSY MESSY!!!

Haha.. looks like I can post more photos now. :)

This is her tank for now. Pretty plain & boring, but it is only until she settles in more, and re-grows those gills. Then she can go in with Banana, hopefully I'll have lots of baby axies soon!

quarantineletter039.jpg

She was un-carded from my female Bettas as I wanted to show you all what she does.

She gets ready to pounce!

quarantineletter040.jpg

quarantineletter057.jpg

I wish I could say all that was BBS..

quarantineletter042.jpg

This was supposed to be a cool eating-shot.

quarantineletter046.jpg

That's another five photos. Plenty more!!!

Thanks Shadoh. :)

More as requested :P

Sorry about the reflection.

The water is always bluer on the other side of the pipe -

quarantineletter047.jpg

Looking up for more food -

quarantineletter045.jpg

Looking down for more food -

quarantineletter052.jpg

Smiling after food -

quarantineletter049.jpg

Then, you guessed it, looking for more food -

quarantineletter051.jpg

In the photo above, you can see the lump on her face that I mentioned earlier (looks at the right side of her mouth, it is the lobe thingy).

Still more. :)

She is normally pale, like white and her gills are often paler. Although when she is active/eating (her exercise, such a lazy thing) she 'blushes' to that lovely pink. :wub:

Haha.. I think I'll call it her beauty lump.. :o

Saving the best pictures for last -

quarantineletter056.jpg

quarantineletter055.jpg

Giving me a dance -

quarantineletter053.jpg

Having a little swim. I don't usually see her doing this -

quarantineletter020.jpg

Edited by Sarah