You cannot link to that type of image

Sarah

You cannot link to that type of image

I keep getting this!

OK.. ok.. I would like to change my avatar picture to one more appropriate - a picture of my fish.

I couldn't get it.. it seems I can't use photos taken from my camera. So I 'borrowed' mums - still the same.

Is there any reason why this happens? Does anybody know a way to 'get around it'?

Preferably, I would like to use THIS photo: it was taken on my camera, then edited the hue in Photobucket. But then.. maybe THIS one, as it was taken on mum's camera.

If anybody was wondering, this is the reason why I had always had photos of my dog up on a fish forum - my old camera was fine, but it died. :(

Thanks, mini rant over. :scared:

Edited by Sarah

Wow.. that worked!

What did you do? Just change the size? Change the file?

I'll do it on my (well it is actually my mums, I just took over) account, so you don't have to host it. Thank you so much Shadoh, not being able to use my chosen images has been bugging me since I joined!

Awesome.. going to to that now, thank you so much.

I guess I thought that it would say it was too large if it didn't work, like the profile picture thingy does........... hey, Betta Mad Scientist! You hit 1000 posts - congrats. :applaud:

I didn't notice until just now. :)

Trying to resize it.. it still comes up with that dreadful message! <_< I even saved the photo of you, and uploaded it - the photo info is exactly the same.. the only difference it ShadohBettas & CameraChick_2007 (I hate that username... gah).

Will keep trying. Thanks for all of your help Jarrod. :)

Thanks for that. :)

I think I'll keep trying until I get it - it is always good to know how to do it incase I decide to change it. I'll let you know when (and I'm determined to) I succeed in this.

Did you change the size in Photobucket? That is what I've been trying.... back to it eh?

Edit: I thought I nearly had a break though.. went to copy the picture from your album to mine (there is a button to do so if you highlight it).. message. I'm starting to even get sick of the photo! Might go back to the photo of me & my friend. I even remember that photo being taken. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sarah

Didn't like the colours? Sorry - you should have said, I wouldn't have taken any offense! OK.. looks like that picture isn't coming back now. Unless I change the colours to pastel (ideas.. this is sounding good).

There was once this lovely member on here who had great information (but I won't name), but had a avatar that was really painful to my eyes - I had to cover up half the screen to read this persons comments.. but it is changed now, so it is OK. <_< I felt really bad for that..