Hi! New Member from Ballarat, Vic, Aust. :)

Rhysmachine101

Hello everyone! My name is Rhys and I hail from one of the coldest parts of Victoria: Ballarat.

I only have one Betta at the moment as my last one died a few months ago and I have yet to replace him. :(

The one I have at the moment is called Dante, and he is a black with blue fins( well the fins are blue between the spines) crown tail.

I am keeping him in a heated, 15L fish bowl with some plants for him to rest upon during the night and play in during the day. Is 15L enough?

I also keep red cherry shrimp as well as some platys and guppies: these were meant to be food for my axolotls but I found my self a bit too attached to them :).

So I am keeping them until their numbers have increased to the point where I HAVE to get rid of some, then my axies get their treats.:)

Anyway, pleased to meet you all and hope to be picking your brains soon!

Welcome Rhys!

When you said the coldest part of Victoria, I instantly thought that would be good for axies! Haha.. how many/what colours do you have?

The bigger the better for Bettas, but 15L is pretty good. I'm sure he is very happy in that heated tank. :)

Could you please post a photo of your little guy (and your axies) *looks around*.

Thanks everyone, for the welcome!

Will post some pictures of my fish: two now! i just got myself a female, I think I am calling her Lilly :P

Sarah: do I know you from Caudata? Shall I put up some pics of my axies setup for you as well? :)

Edited by Rhys

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?!?!?!

Oh no - don't you DARE.

Edit: Anyway.. I just got a friend request from Rhysmachine101 right after Rhys here asked if I was from Caudata.. so I was curious if it was Rhys. I have my reasons, if you MUST say things like that. :((

Edited by Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! So here are the promised photos! They aren't very good I'm sorry, my skills as a photographer are minimal at best :(

Oh: I went out on a bit of a shopping spree- now I have three males and three females :D

I took some videos as this was a LOT easier than trying to photograph them; please let me know what you think of them!

I think this guy classifies as a Dragon?

This guy seems to be metallic all over- not sure what he would be called? Anyone?

dscf0433copy.jpg

These are my females, well two of them, image restrictions-sorry:

dscf0495c.jpg

dscf0498xb.jpg

These are two of my axolotls Frills and Riddle:

dscf0437copy.jpg

dscf0440j.jpg

Sorry about my photography skills, please let me know what you think of my fish!

Also; yes I am Rhysmachine101 on Caudata- long story; basically my girlfriend used to call me robot-boy before we got together :blush: - this eventually translated into Rhysmachine101 due to Terminator 2, you know; "Cyberdyne Systems Model 101" says Arnie. :D

Edited by Rhys

Beautiful fish & axies!!! :drool:

Yes, the first one looks like a gorgeous dragon to me.. the second one looks like a dragon too! :cheer: Great finds.

Lovely CT, I would say Black Orchid - just as Jarrod guessed. :) With a little bit of red-wash too, but still really nice.

I like the colour of the first axolotl - is it Frills?

Hahaha... see Busman? :P

I faintly remember the Terminator movies.. never really paid much attention to them. Dad & Danny Boy likes them all though. :)

Hey Rhys,

You've already been welcomed (but here's another one) Glad to see the collection is expanding already!

My mum is out in Ballarat, haven't yet been to visit her new place - is there a good LFS/Aquariums around the 'Rat for Betta?

I'd love to hear about 'em, as I'm heading up that way next week some time.

I have to admit (and to you Sarah) that I just don't 'get' axis - they have legs, it's just........... I struggle.

However they look pretty healthy and happy - (eek!)

If you haven't already seen someone's channel - check out fishchick65 on youtube - this is generally the reason everyone on this forum has no more expendable income (;

someone imports from Thailand and uses some Aus breeders, and is basically the best betta retailer in Aus (QLD)

-Ness

Thanks everyone, for all your replies!

Sorry to put a dampener on your Ballarat visit Ness, there isn't that much here- although this one LFS- Its almost opposite Eastwood Leisure Centre- um, I think its in Dana St- your mum might be able to help- its right next to Possum Pet Supplies, anyway.

They have this lovely violet half-moon it has cream on the edges of its fins, that hasn't sold yet, most likely due to price- $29.90 :o.

But I must admit I have been tempted by him!

I think they are the best place in town.

Pails for Scales in Wendouree is the largest in town- but the most expensive.

I will certainly check out that channel you recommended!

I got all my new ones from Coburg Aquarium- made a special trip up! :lol:

So, should I post my turquoise metallic one up in the critique section, then, if I want to find out what he is, exactly?.

Thanks again to everyone for the awesome welcome!

Also: does anyone here own an ADA style tank stand? If so would you recommend one and do you know what the ADA stands for? :confused:

Rhys.

Edited by Rhys