Impulse Buy

paul

I know. I feel sorry for the little blighter. His ventrals are less than half that of most of the girls from my last spawn!

Still, he's got a lot of spunk! Flares at his reflection and the girls of course!

He's got a few faults, but I'm really liking this colour - aside from the red wash. I wanted to ask opinions... Is he opaque (doesn't have a powdery layer over his eyes) or is he (almost) dragon???

Might have to wait a few weeks for the answer on that one Yan, but I reckon PK probably from longfin lines. He seems "compact" like a PK should when flaring, but only came to this decision when I got him home and saw him flaring away. I thought long fin in shop too! Have a look at the vid and tell me if you change your mind.

Had a look, his body seems very Plakat to me, but his fins look awkward, like they haven't fully sprouted. Maybe I'm just caffeine deprived.

He was (gently) chasing around a lovelyyy blue HM girl who would bar up at the sight of him, I am seriously kicking myself for not bagging up the blue and the copper girls and tossing them in the backroom for myself.. bloody customers! LOL I'll ask around tomorrow and see if I can find out where these guys came from, we don't usually order in ones like this. Maybe I am having an influence on the other staff, hah!

There are no ifs or buts about this, regardless of fin type you have to breed him. He is the body type I love! Hate the long slender body type... They look like worms with fins glued on LOL

I took up this little tip off and made a trip to auburn tonight straight after work... Well worth it too. Got a little blue girl that looks like a sibling to the PK boy. Also hot nice copper HM female too! Thanks for the heads up Yan!!!

There was a turquoise opaque/dragon in there that looks like another PK boy hiding out amongst the girls.

I think the blue girl I got is a PK and I'm not sure I want a PK spawn, so I'm thinking PK girl and blue BF boy....

Only prob is that I can't get my hands on any antibiotics to treat the fin rot that's just taken a bit out of his dorsal at this time of night!!!! Grrrrrrr

I think I picked out the best of the girls! The copper girl was super aggressive and was trying to kill the blue girl in the drive home... Almost found myself in several situations during the brief drive where I might have needed to say... "sorry officer, but, it was a matter of life or death! I just paid for these two females to come home with me and they started fighting in the front seat of my car, and I got distracted trying to prevent them from killing each other, and that's how I ended up crashing into the shop front window?!?!!" but fortunately I didn't!!!

Anyway, there were a few girls with ok to good form. There were some with some issues/wonky bits. They seemed like the blue dragons were from one batch(turq, blue and ?steel? dragon/opaque), the coppers from another batch (marbles) and the cambodian reds from another again.

I caught a glimpse of the red DTHM, lovely but I didn't inspect him for long enough to check his form.

There's another blue HM BF up for grabs too, probably a sibling to the boy I bought. There seemed to be bettas everywhere, just no CT girls. Enjoy work tomorrow Yan! I doubt that you'll be actually working though.

PS I found the last bit of TS from my previous supply... In the water now, so hopefully butterfly boy will be ok.

LOL Somehow I don't think that excuse would hold up in court.

Not going to get any sleep tonight, can't wait to see my first ever DT, lol.

I dare say we're stocking up because our Betta Barracks is under way. I think the final decision came down to 50 tanks. Heated and filtered 12cm cubes I think it was. Can't wait, especially since I will never have to squish my hand trying to scrub jars again!! :cheer:

Oh and I think my computer is stuffing up, I can't see the photos that you've surely posted.

Lol! Blue girl stressed and not photogenic tonight. I'm barely running on 4 hrs sleep, and have extra long overtime shifts over the weekend starting tomorrow. Pics will come after recovery kicks in!

Here we go... I'm super jealous that I haven't got a spawn going like everybody else did over the last 2 days.... but congratulations to you all!!! I'm hoping I'll be able to condition (fatten up) the two girls I bought within the next two weeks, and trial a spawn at sometime soon. In that time, I also hope that Galazio gets better from his fin rot on his dorsal. I've got pics and vids, so, bare with me... some might take a little while to filter through, as they are still in the process of production on youtube.

First pic is what I came home to two nights ago when brought the girls home. Sudden onset of fin rot in Galazio's dorsal: Have adjusted brightness of picture a little so you can see more than a white glare. The triple sulpha is in and has been repeated. Thos doen't look worse, and may perhaps look a bit better today:

DSC02004.jpg

Now just so Yan can say "I told you so!!!" or "see... I'm always right!!", a little video of Blue dragon boy, who may not be a PK. Seems his fins have sprouted somewhat while in the spawning tank. He's dfinitely grown in body size a little too:

More coming if someone posts!

Thanks mate. I'll post another pic of him at the end that's taken with flash.. looks like a different fish altogether!

Next in line is the blue dragon/opaque female. You can see that Galazio, the butterfly boy has changed since I got him too. He's bulked up a bit, but he has also changed colour/pattern. He no longer has a clear, well defined separation to the blue/white contrast. As Jarrod knows too well, the marble gene can do your head in... but I'm not too worried just yet. The last bit of the video doesn't show the girl too well as it was the first night I picked her up and she was near killed by the copper girl. There are green plastic dividers between sections in the tank, so sometimes the colour on the girl is altered a little:

And last, but in no way least... the copper girl. She is the most difficult to get a real representation of colour on, and is quite feisty. Apart from a slightly long body, I really like her form. Her caudal could have a slightly more pointy D to it... But I think she's great:

So, I'm thinking Galazio goes with Blue dragon girl, and Blue dragon boy goes with copper girl.... I may change that notion if Blue dragon boy is a real long fin...???

And the pic... hope I'm allowed to have 2vids and a pic in one post. I managed to photoshop out a flash reflection out of the top right hand corner... not bad for a quick 5min job - huh?

DSC02023.jpg

Told you so, told you so!! :dance:

No doubt that's a long fin~ They were all meant to be deltas anyway so surely they'd be from LF spawns.

You for sure got the best ones. I decided to pass.

My computer is not cooperating so can't see much but a few stills between massive bouts of lag. The blue bf x blue and blue boy x copper sound good though.

Michael, haven't done the big clean out with the fin rot. The triple sulpha seems to have halted the progress and Galazio looks pretty good. I think I will try a spawn with him as soon as the girls look conditioned if he holds things together.

I have a feeling the divided tank is partly responsible for his fin rot. He was moved into it to allow the blue dragon boy a chance to swim around in the spawn tank and sprout. The rot came on a few days later. I've had a couple boys get sick in that tank, but not sure I can just blame it on the tank. Girls seem to do very well in it. Dunno - might need to do a big clean out at some stage.

Thanks for the compliments too guys! I'm pretty chuffed with these newest additions. Galazio was the most expensive, but the other three weren't too bad at about 16 bucks a pop, for the quality they are!

Edited by paul