Impulse Buy

paul

So I've had my fun teasing Sarah that I won't post pics... and I wasn't going to straight off coz I was going to let him settle in, but, this guy is pretty stunning - hence the impulse purchase.

Got him from Auburn aquarium today.

He looks like he's nibbled his tail just a bit previously, but there's regrowth - so I'm hoping he hasn't developed a taste for it. He flared for me to HM in the shop. I didn't want to stress him out seeing as he's just been re-homed, so I didn't get him infront of a mirror today.

Very nice Paul. He looks fantastic. Good buy. You got a female for him?

Sorry, bloody iPhone. Has a fit sometimes. Has even started a new thread on Its own once. It's possessed, I tell you. Lol.

Edited by Busman

gotta love impulses :D beautiful fish paul! congrats!

i just wish my impulses were as strong and i didn't have to live with the regret that follows for weeks after for not buying the gorgeous white platinum PK :P

I hope i'm not out of line or anything, but do you mind me asking how much you paid for this guy? I'm trying to scope out a reasonable price for nice bettas without getting ripped off by some money-grubbing pet stores <_<

and I second Busman, can we expect pretty babies? :giggle:

Stunning Paul! :drool:

I've always admired BF's. Oohh... me want fry. :drool::drool:

When I saw your thread I got excited, I knew you would finally revel him!

I can see Busman doubly thinks he is fantastic. :P

and I second Busman, can we expect pretty babies?

Wait - don't you mean third MT? Because Busman seconded himself.

Sorry Busman. :giggle:

He wasn't cheap, but considering getting HM in sydney is near impossible short of importing or buying from someone, it sort of works out a "good" price. $50. Too much for one fish if I think about it logically, but, that's the whole point of an impulse buy... no thinking required!

Busman - not sure if I want to use one of my own girls that display good branching. I've got girls with turquoise, royal blue and steel blue irid. If I was to cros this guy with a girl with RB irid, I should be able to get all three irid colours out of the first spawn (marble, BF and probably some solid colours too I'm guessing - probably with some degree of red wash).

If not... I'm seeing some nice HM girls in Adam's post that have metallic steel blue irid. Or coppers? Hmmmmm... I'll have to think about this one.

Very nice Paul. I was in there briefly today, but didn't get time to stop & look at the fish (I'm also not allowed to buy more fish at the moment).

Plenty of girls over here to choose from should you want to go that way. Roll up, roll up, get your girlfriends...

I took a little more video a couple days ago. I know it's not the right subforum for a critique, and I don't really want to set up a whole new post... I wouldn't mind afew opinions about this guys fin/form and colour. I really don't mind if people want to be brutally honest.. just keen on some input. Hope the video is clear enough for critique.

I'm thinking "blue dragon" HM girl for him...

Jo, getting my hands on a blue dragon is another story all together. I saw aquastar71 had a couple for sale on aquabid, but were males. I've emailed about whether he has girls available, but no reply, and looks like I've just missed out on this month's shipment. I'm also waiting for someone to e-mail back as to if she has anything available. If nothing by the weekend, then I think I'll be visiting Kermadum sometime soon! Heads up Adam, I might be swinging round to Bondi this weekend... Hope you have a few more of those coppers available.

There's still plenty of those coppers here. We're not around this weekend though. We'll be here next weekend if you want a visit to the beachy side. A blue dragon sounds like a perfect match to me. Now, if one could just magically appear...

LOL at Adam... Me thinks you have plans... perhaps fishy "LOV" is in the air and your blue dragon marbles are making eyes at each other!?!

I'll be working all of next weekend, with maybe a reprieve on Saturday afternoon, but might need to leave this for another time (again!).

I posted on another topic about a new opaque blue PK boy that I picked up... was hoping it would change it's mind about it's sex as it was sold as a female (but was fairly obvious it was a boy), and it would have proved perfect for my blue butterfly boy. Oh well, will have to wait for some blue girls to appear!

A quick pick of the new boy, as youtube vid is currently ... "Uploaded (processing, please wait)"

DSC01997.jpg

EDIT: and here's the vid...

Edited by paul