Which killies you are breeding?

Guest KillieCory

Guest KillieCory

Hi all,

Curious to hear which killies people are keeping and breeding these days!

It has been a little warm in Canberra lately so I am only getting an egg here and there from most of my species! The only ones that are giving me ok number of eggs is the Aplocheilus lineatus Gold - Gold Panchax. They love it very hot after all!

Cheers,

Serkan

I'm sad to say I have no killies at the moment. I have some old peat hanging around which I'm pretty sure don't have any eggs in them. But I'm following the advice never to chuck out peat without rewetting it so it still sits there on the shelf. Not that I'm actually someone that regularly chucks anything out. *lol*

I have some annulatus which don't seem to be interested in spawning at all, in the year or so since they arrived. That's it for killies for me ATM. I think I have some eggs in peat somewhere that I never got a chance to hatch (life is inconvenient sometimes!). One of these days I'll give them a try. You never know for sure how long a diapause can be... (I hope).

Peoples! Wet those peats!!! :lol: Never know what might pop out!

Funny about the annulatus Lilli, you sure they are not breeding? Their eggs are tiny, very similar to Betta splendens egg size. Just chuck a floating mop in there with them! Assuming you have time to raise fry! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive hatched out quite good numbers of red and blue guentheri from very old peat (+ 1 year)

I also have young rachovii and orthonotus

Lilli do you still have eggersi,I lost it when I did fish room renovations and I dont think anyone has it :byebye:

I also have Gularis(that arent cooperating) and a good hatch of Fp deltaensis

Nice Doug :applaud: Hope eggersi is around somewhere.

I recently hatched and have fry of; gardneri Aquarium strain, gardneri N'Sukka, dageti, lineatus Gold, panchax, Lagos (red). Have a few (4fry) of australe Gold but the adults are no longer with us :((

Waiting for the first eggs of gardneri Gold to hatch. Scheeli are not cooperating!