--- Bettas ---

a0wwllan

I'm kinda waiting for the fallout on this one Allan. It's kinda going against all convention and general experience to house those males together! Have they been together for long? Are they still juvies?

Although it is possible that these boys can be kept together, it's highly improbable that you won't be separating them at some stage. I love the tank, and the idea of a betta communal tank, but be ready for those guys to start turf wars!

appreciate your opinion's guys! we'll see how this goes hey..?

im currently setting up a spawn tank as well, any tips? will post some pics soon.

for the mean while here are a few more snaps.

ohright.jpg

ohright2.jpg

ohright3.jpg

ohright4.jpg

Edited by a0wwllan

Nice have they spawned yet, Id recommend a little more plant cover/hidey holes if not !

Hey neffy, I've added a few more plants to the tank. Have had them together for 4 days now. female keeps running away from male

what do you think i should do? theres a small bubble nest but it doesnt look to convincing..

Put female in Seperate area in tank - I float a breeder/hatchery tank in with the female in it - you need heaps of escape routes for female leave until female is showing vertical bars - leave about another day or so then release her leave them for a while and just gague what's going on :)

Letting them mix closer to stormy weather I have found works a treat. Don't be to worried about male chasing female some damage will always happen and sometimes it can get pretty bad - just keep an eye on them and do what you think is right - my very first attempt I didn't have enough hidey spots and my female lost her entire tail :(

Hope sone of this helps a little :) oh an I feed both my male and female BBS before during and just after spawning :D

Oh and don't stress about the bubblenest - when they are ready to spawn he will come through with the goods :) i have had them build it while spawning unless he is in the small minority of males who fail in the reproductive department :)

Put female in Seperate area in tank - I float a breeder/hatchery tank in with the female in it - you need heaps of escape routes for female leave until female is showing vertical bars - leave about another day or so then release her leave them for a while and just gague what's going on :)

Letting them mix closer to stormy weather I have found works a treat. Don't be to worried about male chasing female some damage will always happen and sometimes it can get pretty bad - just keep an eye on them and do what you think is right - my very first attempt I didn't have enough hidey spots and my female lost her entire tail :(

Hope sone of this helps a little :) oh an I feed both my male and female BBS before during and just after spawning :D

Oh and don't stress about the bubblenest - when they are ready to spawn he will come through with the goods :) i have had them build it while spawning unless he is in the small minority of males who fail in the reproductive department :)

Thanks Shannon =]

Appreciate every bit of advice given.

I'll try that and give it another day or 2, if not i'll try pairing up something else.

Edited by a0wwllan

FINALLY some progress, after trying to pair up 3 different males. This one was the 1st to actually make a bubble nest after 24hrs.

Hope this leads to something ! otherwise i am going to be upset LOL

img2444w.jpg

Male

img2447v.jpg

Female

img2453v.jpg

New female

img2456c.jpg

Edited by a0wwllan

• 8 months later...