Why oh why do i.....

Alasse

OK, so today i decided i needed some tank to swap places and fish to move, why oh why does it sound soooo simple til you start *L* I still have 3 tanks to move and have been going for many hours already.....

Soooo the 3ft (guppies & apple snails) has been fully emptied, sand substrate removed, black gravel in, its moving to where my 3 tiered stand is and will be holding my goldies when finished

The 3 tiered stand holds a 2.5ft (pond snails) and 2x 2ft's (BN trio & guppy fry). I want to move it to where my 3ft tank is sitting.

I've setup my new 3.5ft that is under my 4ft, the BN trio will be moving into here, just waiting for it to warm up, once it right the BN will move in. Their tank will be emptied and taken off the stand. The 2ft golding guppy fry has already been emptied. The 2.5ft will then be emptied and pond snail held in a bucket for a bit.

The big swap will happen and then the resetting of tank

The 2.5ft will be housing the apple snails, the 2x 2fts will be holding guppies (male tank and a female tank)

The 2.5ft that is the goldies temp home will be fully cleaned ready to go salty at some stage.

See sounds simple *lol* Pics to follow at some stage

Know exactly what u mean Alasse! Found myself thinking whilst on holiday recently... "That tank would look much better over on that wall...." then the fun started. After 6 hours i had temporarily rehoused fish, emptied 2 bookcases, moved, re-planted, re-filled and re-arranged tank, replaced my babies and found I had no way to move a 6x4ft bookcase from the lounge to the hallway! My bedroom floor is covered in books and I now have a large empty bookcase sitting in front of the fire...my need to move that before winter methinks!! <_< Jo

*lol* yep prolly is a female thing, my other half just rolls his eye and say 'so where do ya want it!' i'm a shocker for doing full doing furniture moves and sudden ones, my OH and kids are like gawd she's at it again *lol*

This sounds like my mum.. she is always moving stuff around. In fact, as I type, she is re-arranging the dinning room. *lol*

We had a big move-around in my room only this week... all tanks had to be emptied, fish placed in jars (Bettas, temporally). Yeah, it is a big job. I have to wait for my tanks to cycle again. <_<

My tanks wont tank terribly long, they may mini cycle, if they restart the cycle process at all (some substrate was left dirty, and filters were kept running, most decor came from other tanks)

Edited by Alasse

It's never as easy as you expect is it? I read somewhere that aquariums are great for pet owners that have limited time on their hands.... Whoever wrote that was abviously not running muliple tanks lol.

I always keep an extra large sponge filter running in a tank and a few extra bits of wood to chuck in tanks to speed cycle, that and 50% water from other tanks seems to do the trick pretty well.