Pink carnation spawn

fishish

lol Paul, so I'm not just daft then? :P Thanks guys... yeah both parents are half moon. I thought perhaps the fins may just not grow that long?

hmmm... what would happen if they 'sprout into a male'? Develop long fins? As far as aggression goes, I've read posts on here where people had fry that just continued to get along so I'm thinking its not unheard of. Prior to jarring there was some chasing and nipping but thats about it. Post jarring the one I thought is possibly male built a mini bubble nest pretty quick and it does have longer ventrals (they're tucked into the body most of the time as in pic).

So what about the runts (not pictured but very small), any chance they'll grow?

Edited by fishish

No, not daft!!! I was clueless for so long it was starting to hurt. I finally recognised they were all girls when the biggest and most masculine looking one decided to become crispy on the floor. As gross as it might sound, I decided to perform a little autospy and found it was a girl with eggs/ovaries. I'm not recommending doing the same, but the long fin girls can be a little confusing, as can the short fin boys!

The runts may grow and eventually catch up with the others. It may depend on how far down the track things are. If they have reached "adulthood" and are at a very small size - they might not grow. I have one fry separated out into a 2.5 L jar that was almost killed by the other girls. This fry was the runtiest of them all. Now at about 6months old, she is still small, maybe a quarter of the size of the largest girl. I'm not expecting her to grow much more.

Eeew yeah might pass on that Paul. Well you're very inquisitive, I'll give you that much ;) lol

Tried to put the 'girls' in Bitsy's tank. Some yesterday, all good so two more this afternoon. Todays two (first and second pictured) were isolated this evening. They're sooooo aggressive! Theres no way I can see that those two are going to be able to live with others. I couldn't get the remaining three females to come out from hiding to eat, try as i might, far too traumatised :o