2010 AusAqua Christmas Competition

fishbites

Welcome to the

2010 AusAqua Christmas Competition

The challenge:

1. Decorate a tank to the theme of "A Betta Christmas".

2. Take a photo of your decorated tank.

3. The tank must contain at least one Betta of any species visible in the photo.

How to enter:

Email the photo of your decorated tank to: competition@mpoweredlearning.com

Include in the email – your AusAqua name, and a caption for your photo. All photos will be kept secret till the voting period begins.

Entry closing date/time:

Entries must be posted by midnight on Friday 3 December 2010.

(Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time – ie Sydney/Melbourne time)

The judging:

Judging of the winner will be by a poll. A new post will be made with all entries listed. All AusAqua members will be eligible to vote for their choice of winner. The winner will be the entry with the most votes at the close of voting (see below).

Voting deadline:

Voting will close at midnight (Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time – ie Sydney/Melbourne time) on Friday 10 December 2010.

The prize:

The winner will have a choice of one of the following prize packs :

1. Food pack: Brine shrimp harvesting kit and brine shrimp eggs

or

2. Tank pack: sponge filter kit, glass thermometer, IAL leaves

or

3. Plant pack: small piece of Mopani driftwood, süßwassertang (fresh water seaweed), java moss

The chosen prize pack will be posted to the winner on Monday 13 December 2010.

Last year's competition tested the poets amongst us and is at this link for those who want to refresh their memories…

Edited by fishbites

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of tinsel here... a light or two there... maybe a christmas tree... or .... ???? could it be an Aussie Christmas scene?

Get your ideas fermenting and start giving your fish a Betta Christmas makeover!

Then get your entry in for the competition....

I've already got it planned out in my head. I just hope it works as well. We are putting up the Christmas tree today, so will get some supplies from that (we keep everything Christmas in a large box or two). :)

I'm pretty annoyed that we got rid of our Barbie stuff.. they had mini Christmas lights, Christmas dinners, wine glasses.. :Drunk_Buddies2:

They had been in storage for years, and we just moved them out for storage of jars.. like last month. :rant:

Anyway, I won't tell my ideas because.. well, then I'll give it away. Anybody else got it planned out.. or even finished?

In the spirit of friendly competition here is an australian ebay listing for christmas moss :D http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Aquarium-Liveplant-Christmas-moss-FishTank-Shrimp-/250725718066?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item3a606ad832

im going to try and make a tree =D

Just e-mailed my entry. It seemed better in my head, but was fun all the same, so I do not care if I win or not. :)

I used my red/white Butterfly VT, Strawberry & Cream. He was very happy to do his part.. just swim in a tank. :giggle:

Just to make sure you understand - yes, I'm happy with my entry, except of coarse I have a big imagination, and things seem more extravagant in my head.. if you know what I mean. :P

How is everyone else's going? Just a friendly inquiry. :D