Sign in to follow this  
jtvbetta

Marble Gold dt PK

Nice fish :lol: He looks a little unbalanced to me though. I think its the really long anal fin that does it. I like the grizzly gold colour, but the split in the caudal doesent go right to the base, the edges of the caudal are abit rounded also. But as i said, Nice fish :lol:

Nice fish :cheer:

He looks a little unbalanced to me though. I think its the really long anal fin that does it.

I like the grizzly gold colour, but the split in the caudal doesent go right to the base, the edges of the caudal are abit rounded also.

But as i said, Nice fish :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a lot for your honest comments, Phil! It got pretty awful reviews in bettas4all. :goodo: . The judges said it does not conform to the traditional plakat form. :( . It kind of made me less interested now in this little bugger (different doesn't mean ugly, does it?)

The main thing you have to remember when other people critique your fish it is really based on what they personally think, with the standards ofcourse. The other thing to remember is that if you like your fish, does it really matter what other people think? Aslong as you are happy and can get what you want from the fish that you like, well thats what i think is important :goodo:

I quite like him. He doesn't fit the standards, but hey, thats not everything. My main problem with him is the length of the anal fin. If it came straight across instead of going to a point, it would be a more pleasing overall picture. I don't think you can really ask a DTPK to fit into either trad PK or HMPK form really, the chunky body size makes it impossible for either form to be pleasing to the eye IMO. Some fish can pull it off, but most just look like a funky little DT, and really, thats OK. IBC standards are pretty good, I like having them there and I like striving to meet them, but that doesn't mean we should forsake all the fish that don't fit the standards, else we'd never have any new colours or tail types! I couldn't survive without new colours and tail types! BRING ON PURPLE! If you are going to spawn him, I'd aim for a mate that will help lengthen the body a little, give you a slightly deeper tail split and even off that anal fin. Might also want to colour up the pectorals and increase the masking. :cheer: Give the fish a leather jacket and a Harley Davidson and be done with it :goodo: He is a rebel!

Wow! So many to do but so little time for this 16-more-months-and-he's-a-goner betta. I think I'll settle with the Harley instead :goodo: Thanks, Callatya!

Edited by jtvbetta

LOL, well you don't have to do *all* of it ;) Or any of it really. Though, the fish-shaped jacket would be cool :D Is he an old man already? bummer dude :D And no, not that I know of Lilli, but i'll have another squiz through.

Sign in to follow this