finley

Flubendazole - where to get it in Australia or nearby?

Hi

I urgently need some Flubendazole, or a Flubendazole-based brand name medication, to treat my fish. Where can I get it in Australia, or by mail order from nearby countries?

Thanks!

It is a prescription only medication which means you need a script off a doctor or a vet.

If you frequent a large LFS, you might be lucky if you explain your needs and the LFS may just have something available to help you. You may also like to try a largish bird shop as the drug is often used to treat birds of the feathered variety.

I strongly suggest against trying to import the drug by mail order. You WILL get caught and you will be in trouble.

In trouble? Why? It's not illegal to purchase common veterinary medications from overseas in normal 'personal use' amounts, is it? There are brand name fish med products with this ingredient. Plus if it's available from vets and doctors here then it's definitely not on a 'banned for import' list, right?

There are some pretty strict laws on importation of medicines.... a lot of these are used for both humans and animals so law applies to both purposes for the meds.... personally I wouldn't want to get caught breaking these laws from what I've read.....

if you URGENTLY need it then why look to overseas suppliers?

what are you trying to treat?

My question was "where to get it in Australia"..."or nearby". So clearly I want to buy it from Australia but if I cannot am willing to buy it elsewhere. It's 'urgent' because if I cannot get it in Australia then it will take time to get from elsewhere so I need to order it quickly.

As it happens I have found an Australian supplier - no vet, no prescription, just advertised by a local distributor - but the price is a rip off, at 4 x elsewhere.

Fenbendazole goes by the name of Panacur you can ask you vet to get it in for you.

Sold here in a liquid form in 25l bottles and up.

if you find it in any other form could you let me know.

you may find it in a granule form.

Fenbendazole goes by the name of Panacur you can ask you vet to get it in for you.

Panacur is Fenbendazole, not Flubendazole.

Both are Anthelmintics though used to treat intestinal parasites.

Edited by MJay