Bec

Yippee ... I have worms!

Just checked my soiless grindle culture (which I had all but given up on) and I could see worms. Whooo Hoooo ... next thing I'll be raising fry :o

Bec

I find regular feeding is the key with grindals. Uneaten food that goes mouldy will affect them and so will lack of food. I always make sure I look at the grindals at the same time as feeding the fish. Even if the fish aren't getting fed the grindals, I make sure the grindals are fed.

lol, that's how my last batch died. I forgot about them during the exams period... and when I remembered it was too late

OMG people! Feed your grindals...lol. I have forgotten to feed mine on occasion also, but they've never gone more than a week without feeding.

I'm getting to the point now where I have to harvest them for a few days every month just to stop them from crashing due to over population.

My soiless culture is going great guns too and I find if I drop the food down the side of the container (rather than place it between layers of scourer) I can get an idea of how many are in there by checking on them as they feed on it.

I've just made up a heap more mature cultures so have around 10 containers of grindals to feed every few days. Imagine if I forgot them all?! Disaster or what!

You gots to remember ya cultures people! And my friends go nuts at me for keeping mine in the pantry cupboard *rolls eyes*, they sure don't get forgotten there when I see them every morning as I take the peanut butter out to make toast!

Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL night! I'm a little over tired and hyper..so excuse my enthusiasm this late at night!

xoxoxo

Cassi