Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Green Mask HM PK

One of my fish, i have had him for a while but gave up on taking pics cause he moves too fast.

He is a full 180o plakat, just cant see it in the pics.

Will update some new pics if i can get better ones! :fish:

What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

No, i dont have a female for him, Although i am sure that one of the platinumy marble females will feel worthy :fish:

Phil, would luv to see him go with a metallic green female :fish: I've been looking everywhere for green masked plakats, but most are with black :fish: He's a stunner, plz plz breed :fish: and in regards to critque? I'd only say that his caudal edges are a bit rounded, and the copper wash (is that a fault for him?) Like his dorsal, and just love him in general :)

Edited by Robbies Betta

Here are another 2 pictures :lol:

This one is pretty bad, but shows his tail pretty good:

Posted Image

And just this one cause i thought it was a nice pic:

Posted Image

i dont think that fish could be counted as a HM, as HM tails are supposed to be completely D shaped and not have rounded corners. correct me if i'm wrong though. other than that its a extremely nice fish, the body colour is stunning!

Hey Longfu, Many longfin HM dont have D shaped caudals and are still called HM. I class him as a HM pk because he is from HM lines, not a traditional pk.

Isn't it the case that a 180* spread = HM? And rounded corners = less valuable HM than sharp-edged corners? I could be wrong, though.

I was under the impression that a fish could have a 180 spread, but if the edges are curved and not a D shape, its not a true HM. But i may of just read that somewhere, perhaps unreliable? someone?

i had a giant with a 180 spread, but i was told it couldnt be called a HM cause the corners werent sharp. but maybe yours could be because it is from HM lines

A few notes from the new IBC plakat standards: The plakat class has been divided into two distinct forms – traditional and show. Traditional may be shown in any colour. Show form are recognized as solid light or dark-bodied iridescent, solid light or dark-bodied non-iridescent, solid metallic dark bodied and AOC. Traditional plakats have a rounded or tear drop shaped dorsal. The anal fin is long and pointed, caudal spade shape or rounded. A spread of 180o is preferred, however, the caudal edges are rounded rather than D shaped, and only has secondary branching. So the spread is achieved by extra webbing, not rays. Ventral fins are long – preferably 2/3 the length of the body. Show plakats combine traits of the traditional plakat and long fin show betta. The standard is the same as the traditional – except for the following: Dorsal – semicircular and preferably snap open like a fan – volume increased by branching. Caudal – same as for the long fin HM, but the length is no more than 1/3 the length of the body. So strait edged, 4 ray minimum branching, and perfect 180o semicircle. HTH Cheers, J

Thanks J, i will be sure to ask Vicki :) So what exactly would you call mine. Being that he is from HM lines, is it possible to have a superdelta plakat, i mean thats what he would be if he were a longfin. Gets confusing! :)

Sign in to follow this