Massacre in the community tank!

quokka

:) :( .... :( ..... I thought neon-tetras were little teensy shool-fish... apparently the ones I got have some PIRRAHNA in them... I awoke this morning to find 3 of my xmas juvies being eaten :) ... I removed the last one to safety and am contemplating "time-out" for the Neon's... :shake: I know I forgot to QT. the lil neons ( :censored: )....but my 14 yr. old tipped em in before I had remembered :scold: .... Anyone else have aggresive neon's?

Hi Tonia! Neon Tetras are not peaceful as they make them out to believe! I have had them and they are agressive to one another!! (haven't had them eat other fish before!) This goes for Angels, pfft they are just as aggressive! :shake:

MMMMMM...and I thought my juvies would be safe cos they were :) ...BIGGER than the neons!...and the first night 2 of the neons "went to the big-pond" :scold: I'm almost afraid to see what else these mini-pirahna's have eaten!... I think I'll put them in their own separate tank :) ...

Doesn't sound good Tonia :) I've got neons in my 4ft community and have noticed some agression between themselves, but nothing towards other fish. :scold: Not to scare you, but if you lost 2 neons in the first night its possible they wern't well when you put them in the tank and they passed whatever it was on to your juvies, which was the cause of their demise (the eating may have been post mortem.. blerch!)

Archived