Sydney road trip

No probs Liz. You went home thru the storms!?! Glad to hear you made it. Abbey , the smargs are finally all eating this morning and generally looking as happy as wilds do after transport. Thankyou so much. The boys have coloured up too having the girls just in sight. Will TRY to take pics of them is I can.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guy's, glad you all had a great time. I got back from my unscheduled trip to Coffs yesterday - didn't even get the chance to look at any lfs up there...too busy looking after my fathers animals. Dad was taken to hospital with chest pain that turned out to be some sort of hernia that set up major heart burn. He had a minor operation but there was no-one to feed his dogs as my half brother had gone to visit his mother OS. Dads on a pension so he can't afford to board the dogs. To make matters worse I had to put one of my old mares down on Tuesday night due to a twisted bowel. We were all very upset about it but at least she didn't suffer for long. Hopefully I can make the next road trip. I would really love to meet you all.

Edited by Canfeleq

O yea, when we were at H2O...the guys down there told me that if we visit them next trip they are going to put together some sort of promotion packs for all people who come...i think it may include some info on keeping fish, some promotional items for fish (testkits?food?chemicals?) and 20% off things for the day.

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles Rhonda. I thought I'd have to put my 24 year old mare down a few weeks ago, she dropped about 100kg in a week and looked like death walking. The vet said it was just due to the drought and her age. She seems 1,000% better now. Here she is a few weeks ago on the road to recovery:

Posted Image

We've had her for more than 12 years so I would be devastated to lose her.

Last but of course not least, I hope your dad's better soon.

I'm sorry about your mare Rhonda And don't worry, there's no decent LFS at Coffs or surronding areas. One store keeps theirs in those tiny plastic containers (with the lids on) while the other has a rather nice selection of VTs but nothing any more interesting than that. There is another down in Nambucca but I've had a 50% mortality rate with his fish so I'm not buying any more from there, although he did have a lovely purple/red CT a fortnight ago.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Dad's fine although the stitches are annoying him a bit but he gets them out soon and as he said, he doesn't have the heartburn and chest pains now, so that is a vast improvement for him.

Lilli, your mare is looking quite good and I'm really glad that she is on the road to recovery. It can be hard to get the weight back on old horses once they lose it. I get paranoid about my oldest gelding losing weight, he's 35 and I have the feeling that once he loses it, it will signal the end. I have had him since 1979 so I know how you would feel if anything happened to your mare.

The mare that I lost was only 19 but she has had a low grade illness for the past 12 months that the vets just couldn't figure out so, in a way I am glad that when the end finally came it was over relatively quickly. I have included a photo taken of her about 6 months ago ( mainly as my little tribute to her) She was yarded at that stage for a leg injury, but she was a lovely mare and is greatly missed.

Funny Bear

Posted Image

On the good news front I found two betta fry from Mr Freaky's spawn hiding in the java moss. I thought they had all died and was about to pull the tank down when I spotted them so I am really pleased about that. Hopefully I can keep them alive and we will find out what they will grow into. :cheer: