HELLO THIS IS STEVEN FOR THE THIRD TIME

aniroc

Hi,

This is my second introduction as my first did not go through to the Admins or that they did not like what i said, either way.

I was a member of this forum but I had forgotten my username and password. Now that I feel like breeding a type of fish I thought of this forum so I made another account. (sorry if that is against the forum rules)

I bought two betta fishes from a nice lady in Frankston, one i gave away cause my cousin loved it so much. The other passed away just yesterday </3

I'm thinking of breeding fishes, but I am a busy man.

If you guys know any nice and easy fishes to breed, please state them and if possible give me some methods of ways to setup the tank and how to breed them.

I would like hardy fishes that look nice, but hardy would be just fine.

I recently went to my cousins place and noticed they had a pond with Kois in it. They were beautiful and I am thinking of making my own Koi pond for them to breed in. If you know any one who sells Kois in Melbourne, please let me know =]

Hopefully you admins let me post my introduction cause this is my second try =\

Thanks for reading my post/thread

Steven~

*I HAVE SAVED THIS FROM MY SECOND THREAD, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU MODERATORS OR ADMINS WONT ACCEPT MY THREAD, I DO NOT BELIEVE I AM A SPAMMER OF ANY SORT EXCEPT FOR TRYING TO GET MY THREAD ON THE INTRODUCTIONS, I'VE WAITED HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS AND STILL CAN NOT SEE MY THREAD, IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME OR MY THREAD, LET ME KNOW AND STOP LEAVING ME HANGING'

Steven, I do not LIVE on the forum. As you will see if you read the top of this very forum,

Please be aware this may take a few hours for an administrator to log in.

I have a thing called a full time job. I cannot monitor this forum all day, it is a hobby. I actually just got in from work. So very sorry that you felt your post had not been approved, but I hadn't seen it yet.

You'll find a few guppy fans on here, and they'll tell you that guppies breed like crazy. They pretty much just need a clean, warm home with a few plants and bingo, you'll have baby guppies. They tend to cannibalise their young, but if you give them hiding places (plants) the fry will usually survive. Then things can get complex if you want to breed specific strains of guppies, but if you're busy with other things, its nice to just let nature take it's course and watch live babies being born.. that's right live... no waiting for eggs to hatch! They're probably some of the easiest fish to get breeding.

Oh ok, thanks, do you know a thread that explains Guppies from top to toe? Like what it eats, what plants are suitable, what other fish are compatible, what's needed in the tank, ph levels, how many guppies can you have per how many litres.. etc?

thanks a lot.

Welcome to the forum, you know there are so many fish speices kept in aquariums, sometimes walking through a large shop will have something that catches your eye.

Guppies have always been good as beginner fish, alhough when you start researching you find there are many dedicated breeders world wide that find pleasure from looking at genetic differences and applying simply livestock breeding principles.

Beginner quality Guppies will be in plentiful supply, if you want to try your skill at breeding them straight up you will only need to buy females, you can research the reason. If you have your tank set right it will only be a short time till you see young fry swimming in floating plants, a densely growing plant like Java Moss is a common breeding habitat for a planted aquarium with small spieces fish.

Thanks for the information =]

But I dont know how to set up the right tank. I'm not sure on what type of water they need, how much of that water they need, etc.

I tried looking at guppies forum but i dont think they had that type of information.

You can have something as simple as this

click me

You have a tank I suppose?

Put some gravel in it, buy a sponge filter, pop some real and/or fake plants for the babies to hide in, fill it with water (use the water ager) put the guppies in and leave them to do their thing. It's not going to happen overnight, but they will come.

I can try to confuse you on hardness of water, perhaps though the basics are that water hardness changes with the region and the fish that naturally occur in one water type may struggle in another water type.

Large inland rivers where water runs thousands of kilometres across rock will generally be harder than rain water. Short rivers and streams that rely on constant rain to flow will generally be soft water. Most water supliers in Australia will add minerals to have a neutral PH, they will seldom become involved with General and Carbonate hardness.

In Aquariums we will often use minerals to make water hard for fish from the Rift Valley Lakes. If your town water supply is like Adelaide (hard water) to have success with Guppies you will need to grow aquatic plants in the aquarium all the time and the extra biological material will soften the water naturally giving the fish longer life spans.

Fish load for an aquarium varies based on personal experience, it is largely from one person recognising what they are looking at and responding while another person sees a change and either over-reacts or tries finding out. This is why most of us have experience with fish that are in plentiful supply.

The 1000 litre aquarium I left at my old house when I sold it was set up as a no-maintenance required, and the fish living in it would continue to live and breed for several years with just food a couple of times weekly. Yet to farm the fish in there would cause a population explossion and a resulting decline in plant life, the fish numbers would decline with the plants.

Your biggest choice is the aquarium size you like, take into account space you have available and your budget.

The 1000 litre aquarium I left at my old house when I sold it was set up as a no-maintenance required, and the fish living in it would continue to live and breed for several years with just food a couple of times weekly. Yet to farm the fish in there would cause a population explossion and a resulting decline in plant life, the fish numbers would decline with the plants.

Your biggest choice is the aquarium size you like, take into account space you have available and your budget.

How do you make an aquarium that has a set up that you dont need to maintain o.o?? interesting..

Filters, sorry I have a preferance to power filters for aquariums in the 900 - 1200 mm length. The two leading brands are Ehiem and Fluval, both have adjustable flow control to cater for different spiecies that may inhabit an aquarium over a lifetime of use. Given that there are times when we want to keep different fish an increased water flow for slender fish such as Angel fish and a reduced flow for wider bodied speices.

If I were to enbark on breeding Guppies I would probably use 600mm aquariums with air filters. This is because of the shape of guppies and the way they tend to get blasted backwards in strong currents. If you use a 4mm micro irrigation tap in the airline you can adjust the flow from 3 bubbles per minute to full speed. You would need to use your judgement as to what is comfortable for the fish.