New aquisitions

Canfeleq

My elderly neighbours are moving closer to their children and while they are taking their 8 foot tank they can't take the fish. I recently had the back fence replaced as part of the renovations and did not charge them the usual half price as they are pensioners and lovely people as well. In return they gave me a 6 foot tanks and stand and these...

Goldfish001.jpg

Goldfish002.jpg

Goldfish003.jpg

They are currently residing in the 6 foot tank that I already had set up on the front verandah as my water treatment tank. I had fun trying to catch two baby cory's before putting these guys in there. As you can see by the photos they are quite large. I must say that I haven't kept goldfish for quite a few years and I am really looking forward to the experience again, although they have already uprooted some of the val. The rest of the plants are secured to either driftwood or rocks.

When I get the bigger 6 foot tank set up I will move them into there.

Edited by Canfeleq

Wow nice fish :woohoo::eek: My family has 3 goldfish and they have survived for 7 years! Have fun trying to keep the plants as goldfish love live plants.lol Any idea how old they are? They look about the same size as mine.

I seem to have a goldfish bully :shifty: He decided it would be fun to tear the fins off one of the comets :( I hope u don't get that problem :)

Nice looking Fish, the size of the Goldfish won't have anything to do with age, Size depends on a few things,

1) Tank/Pond size

2) Food availability

3) Type of Goldfish

I bought 70 Goldfish last Winter, most were around 50mm in length like found in your normal aquarium Stores. 1 year later they are between 200mm and 280mm in length. The Comets are the fastest growers while I find the Fan Tails and other fancy Gold Fish max out around 150 to 200mm

Has anyone else have the weirdest feeling that comets are unkillable?? I say that because it seems the more they are ignored, the stronger they are :D

We had a stage where our comets didn't get cleaned out for months (oops........ weren't my responsibility.lol) then they were clean and happy as ever. Those guys never say die. :D

• 1 month later...

Very nice goldfish. The dark guy at the foreground in the last pic looks to be a common european carp, if he starts to knock the others around or terra-form to excess I would remove him. Goldfish are not stupid as myth would have it, and they can live for a very long time too - see the links below.

http://www.fish-school.com/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/414114.stm Cheers -Brad.