Best plant for ground cover

Im looking for a plant that will grow low over all the gravell I have in my tank I wouldnt want it too grow more then a cm high or need high light requirements (there is a light but itll be growing in other tanks next to it). Also id like it to grow from the gravell not from a mesh on the ground(like a moss). Ive seen a few but ive no idea on how well they actually grow and most require high light so id like to get a few ppls opinions on plants that have worked for you.

thanks =D

well your kind of asking the impssobile with <1cm and you have given us virtually no info about your tank.

maybe elatine gratioloides (sp?)

Depending on your fertilisers and co2 hc might work, will just take a really long time.

Edited by Peter16

marselia would definetly be a suitable candidate given it's ability to grow in low light conditions. it may grow a taller than 1cm though.

most carpeting plants will start to grow upwards in low light situations so they won't stay under 1cm.

Well i was thinking of something that didnt grow too high, it dosnt have to be eactly under a cm, the aim is just for a cover.

The tanks are different, one is a 20L one is 5L i would like for it to be able to grow in both, there are other plants in the tank, there is currently no ferterlisers or co2 (itd be Diy yeast) i would implement them as needed by the plant. One will be heated one is coldwater, one has a goldfish the other a betta, both filtered the parameters of the water is undeterminable as the goldfish constantly changes and the other has no water in it atm.

I could provide more info if you could tell me what you need to know.

what does hc stand for ?

thankyou

marselia looks nice i havent seen that one yet, if they grow high are you able to trim it easily without killing the plant ?

Edited by Neffy

Hemianthus Callitrichoides, but i think you would be kicking a dead horse with that one.

The elatine should grow in your cold water tank. And marselia sounds like a good idea.

Alternatively I think moss on mesh is a good option, or Riccia. Once it fills in )probably faster then the plants suggested) You wont even notice the mesh. And if the need arises you can still easily vacuum your carpet.

Goldfish are monsters LOl mine eat everything! They uproot everything! LOL But they have such character and they love to see me when i come close to the tank (or so i tell myself - really they just want food :( )

I have heaps of other plants in with my goldfish :(

He hardly ever uproots or bothers them hes a pretty good fish

thankyou for all the recomendations its good to have some names to look for now :D

Edited by Neffy