cory eggs

lpiasente

I wish... I've got some panda corys which I'm not even sure are eating. They're definitely not spawning. When I've talked to cory breeders they say to get a razor blade and scrape the eggs off the glass and remove them to a separate container with an airstone and a bit of tetracycline to stop fungus. Any that fungus anyway need to be removed immediately before they infect the others.

I love pandas but have never been able to keep them alive. Maybe I won't hassle with the eggs I can't be bothered scraping that many eggs off the glass and the driftwood and the filters and everywhere else they have put them( I'm terrible aren't I) They are in my discus tank with a ph of 6 and temp of 30 I thought they needed cooler water to breed. Anyway they must be happy enough. Good luck with the pandas Mike

I always had trouble getting my cories' eggs to hatch without fungusing over. If you are not comfortable with cutting them off surfaces, try removing the surfaces entirely (ie. put the leaf/driftwood/heater into your 'cory fry' tank whole).

I had my best luck with the eggs when they were laying on Java Fern leaves. Still no fry though. :)

Duh, I never thought of removing the driftwood I might give that a try, thanks

Hearing you say that about pandas has got me worried. I think I might have to do a bit more research and maybe seek out some experienced cory keepers to chat to.

How are they going?