My Planted tank

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an updated pic. Its hard to get a brighter one because the water is a really tea stained colour, really dark! but it looks good in real life. I still havent been able to find a 20" tube (stupid me for buying non standard lights) so one half of the tank grows better than the other, so i just alternate the light units on each end weekly :D

Posted Image

I was admiing this tank in person yesterday. The photos don't do it justice. It is very Amano-esque, simplistic and sophisticated and classy. A big piece of fascinating driftwood is the centrepiece, the background is a solid wall of vallis, and there is the feature plant, the sword, at the front. The water is all tannin-stained by the driftwood (paddock wood, LOL). The angels just float there harmoniously. There is a little bristlenose from Klara in there too, and a plakat/imbellis male and a couple of betta females. I think once the angelfish are thinned out (there are like 78 in there! ok, more like 7 - 8 but still too many once they grow, LOL!) a school of rummynose tetras or bleeding heart tetras would be perfect. But not both! I'd keep it simple, it's working really well. I LOVE THIS TANK!!

• 2 weeks later...

Mabey this is a better shot :)

The vallis are going so well, they are about 90cm tall ( about 60cm of that is curled onto the surface of the water!

Its amazing looking at the pics of when i first put the plants in, just how long they have gotton. And there is a network of stolons shooting! :)

Posted Image

Looks GREAT Phil!! Good to see you using Valis, I am a big fan of it. Looks great! I like planting it arond the flow of th filter, as it hides the inlet hose and its gets pushed around, giving it a flowing river effect. I love the tannin effect, I just love it!! I agree with Lilli, put some amazon tetras in there, so you have a biotope tank :)

Archived