Experimental 2 Footer

Havent updated in a while.

added 3 new plants, val, pink baby tears and scarlet ludwigia.

all of which are doing well.

The last remainding broad chainsword has sent out a runner with 2 plantlets which have taken off.

The corkscrew did the same, very happy about the corkscrew val, as it wasnt looking good.

The hansons nardoo is shooting up every where but the field looks bad as the original plants are covered in hair algae.

The banana lilys are doing great, lots of leaves up on the surface now.

This is a pic of one of the leaves covered in co2.

100_0876.jpg

I separated the blyxa into 3 plants all of which have settled in well, anyone know what these are? possible flower buds perhaps?

100_0825-1.jpg

No full tank shots yet, as its all just a jungle.

• 3 weeks later...

The scape is back in action, a little different to original idea.

I completely tore down the tank and even managed to find the 3 riffles, very surprised at that.

I went to the lfs and got more plants and ordered 2 SAE's, the ottos were to expensive.

I had around 30 cherries arrive today, and some free plants.

very happy with them, has been a long wait!! barely slept last night....

came with 2 very berried girls.

100_1179.jpg

100_1190.jpg

I hope all the youngins turn out as good as these grandmas

100_1219.jpg

100_1160.jpg

thats all for now, sorry not the best shots.

Peter

They did have some pretty big SAE's in their display tank, hopefully mine wont get too aggressive, there arent any other fish in the tank though.

The 3 original shrimp are definitely riffle shrimp. :cheer:

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would do an update as I would like some points of view.

The foreground is almost complete, just a small amount up close to the glass, but its not how i imagined it, maybe it needs to get denser.

I am considering ripping it out and start again with hair grass.Opinions?

Also the gravel is plagues with debris, BGA (?) and hair algae.

Also the blyxa has grown quite considerably and has pretty much covered the wood, so I am starting to lose the focus point, so I am thinking of putting a big anubia plant on it, one that flowers. Opinions and species suggestions please?

Any how here are some shots.

Wood being over run by blyxa, hoping anubia plant will draw your attention back to it.

fblyxa-1.jpg

This shot is back when i first put the wood back in. looks pretty sad.

fts144.jpg

This was it earlier today in need of a trim. almost exactly 1 month after after the shot above. Vals have sent out runners and trimming as encouraged branching of the rotalas so now i have a nice thick backdrop which im happy with, but i need it to grow directly behind driftwood to cover filter intake, but I am unable to reach the soil so I cant put anything there until i get proper tweezers.

fts135-1.jpg

This is it today after its 2nd (fortnightly) major trim, some of the vals are about 4 foot long. Im hoping after i get a second light the rotalas will start to reddein up a bit more, atm they only turn red at the surface of the water.

155-1.jpg

it is looking really nice right now mate. id be very happy with it if i was you. though i do think it needs more of a centre piece. maybe take out the wood and put a bigger piece in or even some sort of rock... also i think it needs more variety of colour. maybe some tiger lotus or something red?

well done..

Like i said earlier once i get the 2nd light and start adding extra iron the rotalas should come up red again.

I will snip off a few stems of blyxa to make the wood more prominent as well as adding a flowering anubia (?)

Thanks for the comment.

Peter

• 3 months later...