I Love My Little Brother!

That's quite a cool setup, actually. Particularly impressed with the inline diffusor. Would be very keen to know how long one bottle lasts at a given bubble rate (speaking of which, I see no bubble counter...how do you guage the bps? Do you have a drop checker in the tank??). Also, how much was the solenoid and valve sytem...? Priced one of these bottles at Bunnings on Saturday, $75, which I actually thought was a little steep for such a small unit. Still, add the cost of the ancillaries and you'd come out under $250, I'd reckon... Whether it was cost effective against a large bottle, would depend on how often you needed to refill it in a year...

Edited by Ghengis

Well i did have a bubble counter on there but we took it off cus u can see it in the diffuser. Um a bottle lasts about three months and it only costs me 15 each time get a new one cus its like a swap and go system. And yeah there is a co2 indicator in the tank to show u the level going in there. The solanoid and regulator was a bit expensive but thats the only safe and sure way ur co2 is goin to work. How ever he still shaved about $200 off the price of a kit.

• 1 month later...

hay nice setup glad to see u got it up and running. but there right its not a diy setup all thats diferent is the bottle the rest of is legit so i agree with them its not a diy all u did was put an extra Brass fitting on the bottle. (which u cant just walk into a bunnings and buy a co2 bottle for $15) what happend was ali brother walked in to bunnings ask for a bottle to get fittings for it and when he walked back up to the counter he told them he wanted to exchange it for a full one. so the 15 dollars was the refill price. just wanted to clear that up oh yer Bn tank is going great i got about 30 5cm Bn fry i need to get rid of lol

so doing it this way your probly only saving about 100 buck for something the only last 3 months

Yeah matt u dont no the first thing about this soo stay out of it. The canister is still going strong after 3mnths now and its hardly moved off full so yeah. There is a reason i blocked u and deleted u from my contacts list so stop trying to cause trouble.