I Love My Little Brother!

AWWWW I love my lil bro.... He gave me his pressurised co2 set up for christmas YAY and tonight he hooked it up for me tooo. All i had to pay for was a 15 dollar bottle of co2 lol cus the sneaky lil bugger taught himslelf how to build the unit himself.. $15 compared to $600 lol im pretty happy with that. So now i can get to aquascaping my tank a little better. Thank you Mikka my darling ;)

Well i dont no how he did it.. it think it still cost him a bit but a lot less that it would to buy it.. But everyone said ahhh it wont work well IN YOUR FACE haha it works awesome he had it on his tank for ages and hes plants went crazy.. it was great. Yay and now i get it.. im a bit excited if u cant tell lol

The whole unit will be attatched to his aqua one 1200 canister filter which acts as a diffuser to it. Im not sure exactly what it is but i no that its works great so im happy with it. I will post photos now for you all to have a look. Bear in mind this is only a temporary setup until michael and I both have a day off work together. Hopefully this weekend it will be setup properly.

Bunnings do use Ozito but I thought they were really small bottles.

Edit: yeah just looked at the Ozito website. It is the same bottles that Bunnings supply. There pretty small, only 540grams of CO2. I thought Soda Stream was an cheaper DIY than Ozitio bottles. Soda Stream I think are 330grams of CO2.

Not sure how long 540grams would last in a larger tank.

Edited by brettc777

I dont understand why everyone has to be so negative.. If you would like to no how he built it his name is mikka g on this forum. I was very excited to get this set up and i thought maybe you guys would share the excitement, but so far all ive got is critism.

No one is critical.

I think we got all excited about it as doing C02 cheap is a very popular subject. There are very few alternatives to going out and spending $350+ on a CO2 setup which leaves a lot of people out of getting C02.

The only cheaper alternatives are:

DIY Yeast setup

Soda Stream bottles

Bunnings bottles

Paintball gun bottles

old Fire Extinguishers

The above are fairly cheap but not all are consistent and some can even be dangerous in fitting. So when you mentioned a DIY setup up I think a few of us got excited that there might be a cheaper and better (longer lasting CO2) alternative to the above setups. As it stands there isn't a better alternative and this subject has been going on for years on some forums.

Others just stated its not DIY entirely as most parts are bought and not constructed like most DIY's.

I think if you want an entirely diy co2 setup that lasts a while and is safe your gonna be a lil stumped lol. You need to buy the solanoid and regulator to ensure the safety amd consistancy of the dispersion. I belive it was the brass fitting and the bunnings co2 cylinder that he skipped corners on. If u notice the screw intop of the brass fitting you'll see what i mean lol. Sorry about the bad attitude guys just felt like i was getting the whole "stupid woman" speil again. Anyways if ur interested in doin it urself pm my lil bro Mikka G. Aleisha

im new to this co2 area id never even heard about it before joining ausaqua

but my deffinition of DIY is, that if its parts were bought sepretly & than put together based on your idea thats DIY

even if it was the samething that you could get in kit form. but thats just me

Aleisha hope it works well for you and if it ever stops working ( knocks wood ) you know just the person to call lol