Bristlenose Catfish

divy

hi all,

i went shopping today and bought 6 3cm bristlenose catfish but im not sure what type they are, they look like pepermints but have stripes on there tails

i wanted to put one in each compartment in my barracks but do they get along with bettas?

i also got the black AQUAONE betta barracks today! yay!! and im ordering another one :cloud9:

oh and if anyone in melbourne was after some nice hm's dt's and pk giants the coburg aquarium has them,

ive never seen a giant before other then pics and i gotta say WOW! there big and impressive i was going to buy one but i figured with all the shopping on aquabid and lfs shopping my wallets a little light at the moment :bighug:

C'mon, divy, you've been at this game long enough to know that it's wrong to post a "I just got..." Thread without pictures! Dang, son!

I mean what if I came on here and said, "Hey everyone, I just installed this really cool 600L in wall in my flat, and bought a twelve inch Asian Red Arowana and a Flowerhorn for $20 to go in it!" Would you believe me...? Didin't think so. :cloud9:

So, pics, or it didn't happen.

Yeah bristlenoses can grow to about 12cm so way too small space for them, they wont pester ur bettas but maybe vice versa. My betta's take great interest in chasing BN fry around the tank for fun but none have eaten any in my experience.

Yeah he's gorgeous hey?! I've had that peppermint for over a year now.

hmmm that might explain what happened to my BN fry, when I bought my breeding pair of common's they came with what fry were left but they slowly all disappeared and I had about half a dozen female bettas in there at the time. They haven't bred since though, probably coz I don't have the correct items needed for them to breed. I need to get them one of those terracotta pot things I think. I was sure for a while there that the male had died and was eaten by the cory's but I saw him the other day, he just hides well. The Butterfly rams on the other hand won't stop spawning! Damn fools...every time there's a small water change they lay (on the gravel coz I took away their preferred laying ornament) but none of the fry ever survive.

Mine bristlenose just did their thing in the driftwood. I didn't know there was any babies until I saw my crown tail swimming for retreat with one in her mouth. Still waiting for hubby to finish my stand so I can set up my 4x2x2 and then I will be getting some peppermints. I have some albinos but they aren't as nice as peppermints.Oh and I am chasing a red lizard whiptail. Have you seen them? NOICE

Archived