ADA Fish Tank

Guest kim

For that price I'd be willing to make you one. I'll even put a little transparent ADA logo on a sticker for you. :D

NB: for the thought police who might be monitoring this forum...... I'm just kidding.... not really going to make fake ADA tanks..... hell.... I'd just put my own bazzi logo on it.

You why its expensive?

Its because all sides and base is sapphire glass and no braces and bridges.

ADA uses a special gel and lasers to literially weld the glass together making the jointed extremely strong.

Its be proven that if the tank ever breaks, 100% not from the joints of the glass. Even if it falls off the ground directly on the corner of the tank, it will only be the sides breaking.

I got a quote for a 35cm cube tank...$150!

Its really upto you. I asked to get a 6X2X2 with no braces and bridges from all LFS, no one will do it except the ADA tanks which is like $10,000+...

And to answer your question, there is Seaview aquarium in WA and SLS in NSW... (admins if im breaking the rules of posting lfs names, please delete this line)

Mango :D

Yeah, I'm with you 'razzi. If the thing falls and breaks and the corners are still intact, it's still broken... And it'd still be $$$$$$$$$$$$ down

the tube, as well. Maybe if it were constructed of some sort of resilithane, that caused it to bounce on impact right back into it's righful

position, without spilling a drop of water or stressing a single fish, I might consider it worth the money...

I must say, I have a (slightly) clearer picture as to the cost, though. That sapphire glass is s'posed to be the bee's knees, from what I've read.

I guess if you're setting up a large tank and the absence of bracing is really important then ADA tanks are the only option. But for smaller tanks I personally couldn't justify the extra cost of an ADA tank. In a 30cm cube for instance, the small volume of water isn't going to exert enough pressure for it to make a difference whether the corners are siliconed or super-glue-laser-beam-welded.

The AquaOne 30cm cube is rimless, the silicone is barely visible and it only costs $50. If I were to put identical layouts in the AquaOne tank and an ADA tank and had them side by side, will I really be able to tell the difference between the sapphire glass and the regular glass? Will there be $100 difference? I think I'd rather spend the extra $100 on importing a really nice fish to put in it, or on getting some rare plants, or 2 more tanks.

However, having said that, I'll admit that I've been known to buy an exorbitantly priced designer shirt because the stitching was better and the fabric was softer and that particular shade of orange was absolutely unique and not to be found elsewhere. I guess it's the same thing. :lol:

Oh, just in case you're wondering... That shirt cost a helluva lot more than a 30 cm ADA tank. It got ripped one day when I was fooling around with my 4 year old nephew who was seriously into rough play like most 4 year old boys. And yes, you guessed it... the perfect stitching was still intact. :)

The AquaOne 30cm cube is rimless, the silicone is barely visible and it only costs $50.

I bought one of those for a mates missus for her birthday (it was from him, but I did all the leg work, found the filter, light, heater...even supplied the HM Betta and pre-aged water from my tanks. Go figure!). I very nearly kept it for myself, it's a beautiful little tank, curved front corners, rimless... Only cost me (or rather him) $40, also. Currently in negotiations with my lady to buy four more for our own HMs and Ghengis the CT.

Next time I'm at my mates place, I'll get pics for those that have not seen these tanks. Gorgeous.

However, having said that, I'll admit that I've been known to buy an exorbitantly priced designer shirt because the stitching was better and the fabric was softer and that particular shade of orange was absolutely unique and not to be found elsewhere. I guess it's the same thing. :lol:

Let me guess... It was pink, as well, yeah? :)

the one they qouted me is the 90p "Clear Type" which they only have clear type in stock for larger tanks. I just ordered some ada products for like 35% cheaper from overseas? Why its so expensive here its not only because the quality, it could be the tax and transportation for the tanks to be send all the way from japan to here..

ADA sellers can get in trouble for selling outside of their ummm....country/range. The price is debateable, some people believe the prices could be much lower, especially when compared with American prices. Another aussie online retailer was selling it a year or two ago for a much lower price, but I believe they lost their right to sell it or something? Suppose it depends if your in it for the money or for the hobby.

Archived