Aquabid warning

Fishchick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

yeah im the last shipment before i saw this notice i was going to buy a pair off the_sea99 but the seller kept asking me to pay by direct bank payment and western union and kept making excuses about paypal payments

why are these sellers doing this? are they trying to rip people off or..??

Please, do NOT insult the seller.

Think carefully before sending rude, accusatory or inflammatory comments.

I work with these people - it is a difficult and delicate balance sometimes.

Multiple user names on Aquabid are not permitted.

WU is a very high risk payment form and not permitted.

I send out warnings to try and protect buyers. Thanks to some stupid, knee jerk reactions from buyers, so far it has only resulted in me suffering the consequences.

So from now on, you're on your own.

If you make a dumb-arse deal with a seller - tough. You pay for it - not me!

Damn it, that was exactly what I was hoping WOULDN'T happen.

I am really sorry that you have been put in that position, Jodi. It's hard enough as a buyer (for me, who speaks only English) to have dealings with someone who has English as a second language - it must be far more complicated from your perspective, as a transhipper, in business generally, and as an IBC judge. And it would certainly not be assisted by people going off half-cocked and insulting the breeders!

I hope it doesn't reflect badly on other Australian AquaBid users from the breeders' persepctive, too.

:D

I would let buyers live and learn. It should be common sense not to use WU for money transfers and Divy caught onto something going on. If people are ignorant to the ways of transferring money for internet purchases then that's their fault and no one else's.

Its just a matter of doing some research on the internet about "best methods of payment for online purchases" or similar searches to quickly find out the information that they need to know about.

I have paid with western union on all occasions I have purchased on aquabid. The first time I bid on some fish my paypal account was not set up and WU was the only other option. Then because I didnt get ripped off I continued using WU.(I do have a little bit of common sense but I can be a bit ignorant at times LOL) I guess I was just lucky enough to pick honest breeders. I suppose they therefore should have an honourable mention*** Banleangbettas*** and ***Wifebetta***. Still it is always best to be safer than to be sorry.

Banleangbettas is a trusted seller. I have dealt with him many times. Search the sellers feedback. How long have they been trading?

If you do not have paypal I can pay for you. It is not a problem (you forward payment to me via bank deposit.)

Best regards, someone

Nobody may make potentially adverse comments about 'problems' they've had with any particular seller in this thread. This is an informational thread, not one for discussion of personal experiences.

Remember the rule against making defamatory posts? Well that applies here, as does the need for us all to be extremely cautious not to cause offence to our suppliers and the people Jodi-Lea has to conduct business with to get our fish into the country.

If you feel the need to tell someone what happened to you with a particular breeder, please do so off site. We cannot be jeopardising the supply of bettas and other fish into Australia because there was a "frank discussion" at AAQ that someone took offence to. How do you know these peopel are not reading this thread?? It's not necessary to disucss it here, Jodi has given us whatever information we need to best conduct Aquabid business, and from what little I understand of our cultural differences with the breeders, anything approximating rudeness is extremely offensive to them and could reflect badly on Australian buyers generally. Then everyone loses!

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would let buyers live and learn. It should be common sense not to use WU for money transfers and Divy caught onto something going on. If people are ignorant to the ways of transferring money for internet purchases then that's their fault and no one else's.

Its just a matter of doing some research on the internet about "best methods of payment for online purchases" or similar searches to quickly find out the information that they need to know about.

forgive my ignorance, but was is a Western Union???

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The following are all Aquabid seller names used by Watt and Duen. Formerly Grandbetta, luckybettas, cherrybettas

Some names no longer in use.

the_sea99

enjoy_aquatic

Seadreams

The fisheries

Anusorn

Doctor aquatic

The Ocean

Diamondcrown

Diamond_aquatic

Beerbettas

Rawbettas

The latest name in use is Spiderman bettas

the list is not exhaustive, but I have picked up most over the years.

Fish are generally good, but can have issues with not being sent or substituted.

Main issue is scamming people for money.

ONLY pay through paypal. If you do not have paypal then get it.

Do not believe any wild sob stories asking for more money.

This pair have had more deaths in the family, injury, illnesses, accidents, kidnapping by the mob, fleeing the country over gambling debts, vet bills and car crashes than the entire cast of Neighbours....and it is all just as fictitious.

Another seller best not to deal with = Chulinda99

Constantly have problems with this person not sending fish, not sending the right fish, mysterious "missing fish", no communication etc.

Consider this a New Year Heads Up, rather than Knee up!! : )

Best regards, someone

• 2 weeks later...

This pair have had more deaths in the family, injury, illnesses, accidents, kidnapping by the mob, fleeing the country over gambling debts, vet bills and car crashes than the entire cast of Neighbours....and it is all just as fictitious.

LOL...i'm larfing that much i'm crying, that's so funny.....you have just made my weekend someone.

Regards

Jeff & Wan