30 cm planted tank

• 1 month later...

This is how the tank looks in my friend's office. I haven't changed much from the last pics you saw. Transporting it was a pain. Won't do that again. Next time I'll just set it up on site.

The tank is home to this really nice Blue-Red bicolour halfmoon bred by Rung Keereelang (Banleangbettas). His owner has named him Ollie after the Olympic Flame.

Some neons were added the day this picture was taken but they pretty much were still in hiding. Once they gained confidence they proceeded to attack Ollie and his fins got quite shredded. I have since found out that neons will treat anything red as food and if Ollie had fins of any other colour they would be fine together. The neons have since been given away. Any ideas on some tank mates for Ollie?

Love your work!

I've got 2 tanks same size.....low maintenance they are not!

Mine need a lot of tlc to keep them well presented

I'd go for some more Asian fish(small ones)

HENGELI rasbora ?

Boraras maculatus....dwarf rasbora

kuli loach?

BORNEO SUCKER ?

Some shrimp? Malaysian Trumpet snails?

I've tried danios....but tank was too small for their manic activity

I've seen galaxy rasboras!!! ($85 each)

I'd add a small mirror to be used at lunch time?

The fancy rasboras might be a bit hard to find. How about Harlequins? But I need to find something that definitely isn't going to think his fins are food. Well, actually I'm sure they're quite nutritious.... but it's his tank and every thing else is in there on sufferance. :P

Not sure about kuhli loaches. They're nice and peaceful but they hide a lot. Don't see the point of having something adding to the bio load if you don't ever get to see the darn thing.

Yeah, the owner has been instructed on the use of a mirror. Apparently the whole office gathers for his flaring sessions every day. The iridescence on his body really intensifies when he's excited.

So far the only maintenance has been weekly water changes and trimming that fine leaved stem plant in the back left corner. I don't what it's called but evidently it grows about an inch a day. :P Everything else is growing really, really slowly.

Mike the tank looks awsome. I saw it when it was first getting aquascaped. Did you weave all that moss back into the netting? I went to Mikes house when he first put this together and it looked amazing then (picture doesn't do it justice). He had spent ages putting mesh onto the driftwood and weaving moss throught it. He turned the filter on and blew some of the moss off. To me it looked perfect but if you squinted hard enough you could see the smallest amount of mesh. We tried to convince him that the moss would grow quickly and you would never notice it if he hadn't pointed it out but Mike was going to pull it all apart and start again. So did you? I know you would have

Well I tried to fix it but a lot of the moss still came loose when I filled the tank back up again. It's ok. It's in a dark spot so no one notices. Besides everyone only has eyes for Ollie. I dunno. Some people. You spend all that time aquascaping and all they look at is the fish. :P

• 7 months later...

I don't know. And it's killin' me. LOL. It's in my friend's office and she's busy, busy, busy. So I haven't been able to go back in there to take a look. Last I heard the power filter was busted. And now I'm doing this grrr arrrgh project in Lismore I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back in there to have a gander.

Archived