Kitz's ADA Iwagumi

So are you following one of the stone arrangements described in the Sakuteiki? Or did you just arrange them to your liking? What plants are you going to use? Lots of hair grass or glossostigma or H.callitrichoides would be nice. Looking forward to seeing how this tank developes. Take lots and lots and lots of pictures! :P

i like it, i'd go for a few honey gouramies, and some valls in the back ground, coming round and ending halfway round the sides, seeing the honeys come through the valls would be amazing, * Goes to buy a tank, valls and reserves a few couples of honeys* i amaze my self

:rant: Gaza :P

What's the point of having a fish expert in the house if you're not going to listen to him? :no: That doesn't look like a DIY CO2 unit, Kitz. Looks suspiciously like a bought one.... :(( So what plants are those? I thought since you were shopping with your parents credit card you'd go completely crazy with the plants and completely fill up the tank straight away just like Amano does.

looks great kitz! the tank will get a nice lawn eventually!

Do you think you could place a taller plant in the background maybe behind the larger rock? might give it some more depth? you might even be able to hide the heater behind it giving it a more nautral look!

yeah that background is not working for me. I would have perfered black as well to bring out the plants.

Well since Brett's already said it out loud..... HALLLLOOOOOOO! What were you thinking with that bright blue background? It's really quite disturbing. I think it distracts from the tranquility you're trying to achieve with Iwagumi. I've seen backgrounds that are blue on one side black on the other. If yours is like that, please, please, please, I'm begging you on my hands and knees, please flip that background over. :giggle:

looks great kitz! the tank will get a nice lawn eventually!

Do you think you could place a taller plant in the background maybe behind the larger rock? might give it some more depth? you might even be able to hide the heater behind it giving it a more nautral look!

yeah that background is not working for me. I would have perfered black as well to bring out the plants.

I wouldn't put more taller plant at the back.. it wouldn't make it more nautral ^^ The idea of Iwagumi is to achieve the view of moutain side...You wouldn't see big tall tree at the very top of the moutain right? well at least not in Hong Kong :giggle:

I rarely see people use black background for Iwagumi... the reason for most people to use blue back ground is to make it look like blue sky behind the moutain... anyway I will redo the background but with same colour of blue..

I wouldn't put more taller plant at the back.. it wouldn't make it more nautral ^^ The idea of Iwagumi is to achieve the view of moutain side...You wouldn't see big tall tree at the very top of the moutain right? well at least not in Hong Kong :giggle:

True. wonder if there is anyway to hide the heater without making it look unlike a mountain side... maybe hide the heater behind some mountain goat ornaments? LOL

Wonder if a darker blue would be any better or do they use that same blue all the time?

Archived